GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Results, pics and vids of the dyno day, at Tuning Japanese on 26/01/02, a little late I know but server probs....

enjoy RonS

Dyno Day revived !!

Many thanks to Durzel for use of his site, you saved the day, I owe you a big one :D RonS

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Nice one Ron....great stuff !!!

Downloading the video of Gary's run as i type this......

Daz

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I managed to download about 3/4 of Gary's dyno run vid (wow) and then everything stopped working. :(

Now getting 404 on everything on the page. Have you got some kind of bandwidth restriction on the site? Or is my Internet connection playing silly buggers with me? :(

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Dyno Day Pictures

Well done Ron .

Awesome pictures and video ,which did work at first but then stopped.

In answer to your PM,not a problem mate.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Acess

was a couple of hours ago Alan.

You are missing some good stuff there mate.
Hope it gets fixed for I no longer can view them.:(

·
Registered
997 Posts
Well done Ron!

I was one of the few to have access to this site a couple of days ago,its very good.

However,I`ve checked it out tonight & I think the servers gone down/tech probs?

I`m sure it will be OK later.

Top man Ron,

Henry:smokin:

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry lads

Sorry to tease you all......

Had troubles with my last server, so recently moved....but no better here it seems, it's free host so limted bandwidth and a bit flakey on connection if I wasn't so tight I'd get myself a proper site :).....

I can't even access via FTP at the moment (21.45), so may be down alltogether....if problems persists maybe Joss could put it on here, if he has the space (about 3Mb) ?

Ho Hum.... :(

RonS

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I can host them for you if you want (along with any GTR related content that anyone on this board wants storage for).

Simply log in anonymously to gtr.durzel.com and upload the media. You can then link to this from an external webpage by linking to http://gtr.durzel.com/moo (where 'moo' is whatever you called the file(s)).

Anyone on this board is free to do this, however there are the following caveats (for my own protection):
  • There is a 50Mb/day quota on the webspace, when it goes over this it will stop processing requests. If this limit proves to be too low, I will change it depending on demand. Note: This doesn't affect your ability to upload a file and link to it - you can still do this even if the website has gone over the quota.
  • You can only upload files via FTP, you cannot download them or otherwise modify them (including deleting them) - in other words you have to link to the files from an external website.
  • Any non-GTR content will be deleted (unless generally interesting to this board)
I'm happy to make this an official repository (assuming Joss doesn't mind).

Also, if anyone else is sad like me you can see the current throttle status by following this link.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
NICE ONE

That's very kind of you mate.

Wish I knew how to do all this Web stuff .It's far too complicated for me though.Only got into PC's recently !

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Hehe :)

Well, I work for an ISP so all this kind of stuff is second nature to me. DNS, Hosting, web systems etc is my speciality ... except when I break something :rolleyes:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Well done Ron

Was privileged to have a peek at the site a few days ago. Unfortunately, still seems to be down:( . Shame besause its a fantastic site:D

I'm not biased, honest guv:D

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Oops!

Seems I disallowed renaming of directories, so anyone creating a new directory from a Windows PC would've been stuck with "New Folder". This has been fixed.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Top Man !!!

Durzel,

Many thanx for the offer, I've taken you up on it....mind you like Paul I not very techie (Joss will vouch for this I couldn't even uplaod a simple pic to his site :), so sorry if my attempts caused havoc on your site, lets see if works....

Dyno Day reborn !

Long term however I must sort my site's home, any recommendations on pay (gulp) hosts ? I would need to register a domain name and need a host with say 30Mb+ (current site 10Mb but want to add more vids and stuff) so file size max 2Mb or better, FrontPage extensions, support for WMV format vids, CGI, PERL scripts, I hope to add a message Forum, bandwidth ? I don't intend to run a 'high profile' site, previously my site had around 1000 hits weekly, so very low ?, but must have reliability and good connections !!.....that's about as techie as I can get :)

Cheers

RonS

PS...it works great, cheers again Durzel xxx :D

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Well, I could pimp the company I work for, JPC Infonet (check out Internet->Hosting->Shared for prices. I have no idea how competitive these prices are since it's not my department, so it is worth checking around. :)

In terms of reliability, speed, etc I would say we're very good - our Internet connectivity is very under utilised currently.

By the way, I've upped the quota to 100Mb/day since it's already on 13Mb!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
A BIG THANK YOU RONS

A very big thank you to ron, your time and effort to put that lot together is impressive you truly caught the spirit of the day, and what a day it was:D
regards
Gary
putting the GT back in the R:D

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Guy

I am sorry Guy but you are wrong on this one
Gary
GT-ART .CO.UK
:(

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
tractive effort

Guy
I will come along thanks, but if my car was run in third I could wear it now:)
Gary

1 - 20 of 22 Posts