kev

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you say stock?:nervous:

im impressed

kev
Lee had better answer that Kev :D I think he may have a different definition of "stock" to other people :nervous:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
where is this lee??:nervous: if that is what i consider stock ill pay him to teach me how to drag:D. stock headlights maybe.:p

im so glad your enjoying your car george, i wish id been able to come down and see you that day at TR when you picked it up first time!
just a quick one, did you trailor your car to santa pod on the 17th of this month?? only i thought i saw it on a trailor going through Ware in herts.???

kev

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where is this lee??:nervous: if that is what i consider stock ill pay him to teach me how to drag:D. stock headlights maybe.:p

im so glad your enjoying your car george, i wish id been able to come down and see you that day at TR when you picked it up first time!
just a quick one, did you trailor your car to santa pod on the 17th of this month?? only i thought i saw it on a trailor going through Ware in herts.???

kev
Will catch up with you next time I am down at TR Kev. It would have been me with the trailer on 17th. We trailered it from Harlow to Northampton and then to Castle Combe on Monday :thumbsup:

Come on Lee, face the music and tell the lads about your "stock" car and your home improvements ;)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Cheers George....................throw me to the lions why don't ya....lol...

12.7's..???.........sloooooooooooowwwwww.!!... best time on the day was actually 12.63 @ 108...an i was very disapointed to say the least:bawling:

The previous month at York i ran a 12.46... backed it up with a 12.45 @112....considering the crap start line and also had a boost leak, i was well chuffed with the reults,.....so i was fully expecting to scrape a 12.30 something at the Pod....only it didn't happen. The weather was good, the track was exellent, i ran my best 60 foot time, (1.72), either the car had lost 30 horsepower, or i'd forgotten how to drive it !!.

Here's why i say its stock:nervous:

...tired 'ol RB26 with a lazy oil pump,
...stock turbo's,(ceramics), brass boost restricter pulled out an tossed towards the bin, peaks at 1 bar,
...standard jnjectors,
...factory cast exhaust manifolds,
...standard downpipes,
...stock elbows,
...stock fuel pump,
...stock ecu,(untouched),

..the BIG money performance parts and modifications :nervous:

...baffled TT pipe, (car run in the 12's before this mod),
...HKS Mushroom filters, (run 12's with stock airbox),
...50 quid 2nd hand Kakimoto exhaust,( run a 13.05 with standard exhaust AND the cat on),
...tyres ?..50 quid a corner Federals,
So..............there ya go! ..i'm only claiming approx 360 hp atf,
don't need it on the rollers cause the asphalt dyno don't lie...

Lee.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like I was doing you a disservice pal :thumbsup: You forgot to tell them about your top secret clutch mod though :D:D:D

·
Registered
366 Posts
......:nervous::nervous::nervous:...............what clutch mod..?:nervous:

ok, i'll tell them..

..some muppet, (ok, it was me..), thought it would be a good move to fit
a HKS Comp D Triple plate clutch, (what a prat), needless to say i couldn't launch it without bogging it:eek:, so i fitted a variable flow control valve to the clutch pipe enableing me to "slow" the clutch release operation down, works a treat,...(thanks Asim).

George, please don't tell them about the 200 shot fogger system, or the RB30 in the boot....:D

............oh eye mate,..."stock as rock...runs mid 12's"......:nervous:..sometimes......
Lee.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts