GTR Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
If anything this is bringing prices down, seen a few for sale at £27k which was a rare sight previously. Granted its the bottom of the market but I suspect its not isolated there.... if you can find anyone open and trading that is!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m a motor trader and I can tell you jump on it now, people think cars are going to go down, there’s a huge shortage atm as it was with auction prices fetching near retail. Now it’s going to be even worse supply and demand.

Your properly being paying 2k extra in a few months with summer around the corner. Just go with your heart and get it, enjoy it mod it and then worry about resale value when you sell it. Your regret not buying one as over winter these cars a pointless.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Yes it is all up in the air at the moment and I’m not sure anyone really knows what’s going to happen. As the last few comments go there’s definitely a difference of opinion too which holds water on both sides !

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
I'd have thought the best deals would be now, when businesses need cashflow. Yes, cars will be cheaper in two months - they depreciate with age, or R35's do anyway. I do get the point re. demand (affordability etc) so that will have an impact for sure, but I don't see prices crashing anytime soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too am in the same boat as you but a bit younger, but I have tried to save over the last few years. Recently I am looking at buying one but I hesitated... I would recommend not to pursuit at current time due to potential of being a much bigger economic and societal crash in comparison to 2008. I personally will wait until at least UK can go through the first wave...

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I too think it is about the right time to buy a GTR. I have seen the lowest prices for GTR's lately.

I believe it will be down to the length of this lockdown.

I hope your lucky and manage to buy at the right time, lots to choose from at the moment.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’m a motor trader and I can tell you jump on it now, people think cars are going to go down, there’s a huge shortage atm as it was with auction prices fetching near retail. Now it’s going to be even worse supply and demand.

Your properly being paying 2k extra in a few months with summer around the corner. Just go with your heart and get it, enjoy it mod it and then worry about resale value when you sell it. Your regret not buying one as over winter these cars a pointless.
Nonsense. The pcp GFV bubble has been ready to burst for years and this will do it.

1 year old cars in some cases are not worth their GFV in 2 years time now.

As previously mentioned. Too many people live month to month. Couple this with loss of commission and being furloughed on 80% of basic salary. A lot of cars will be going back.

The used forecourts will be flooded. Generous discounts and high GFV has always been a recipe for disaster.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts