GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in need of a bit of advice...over the last few years ive been quarter mileing my ***** and ive had a ball..met some terrific people..ludders.. blue34 to mention just two.. however ive got a problem..its a bit quick these days thanks to a stonking engine and box from mr bell..but i have no cage or fire suppression fitted.. which some may say is a bit stupid...trouble is its a uk car and im a bit bothered about mutilateing it, just so i can have a bit of safe fun..what do you guys n gals think? few comments would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
that all depends how quick you are and how much quicker you will get. truth is you'll be glad you mutilated the inside of your car the day it all stops you from being mutilated. its all about ones personal priorities.

kev

·
Registered
509 Posts
i have a 6 point hks kansai roll cage fitted and if i refit all my interior you would never know it was there mate bar some fresh underseal over the holes but then mines doesnt have the section round or through the dash :D:D

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
suppose i need to qualify things a bit...itl do a 10.2 fairly consistently, terminals of 125mph ish.. id like to run in the hks series, but im sure theyl require minimum of a cage, just bothered about chopping the car about, it is quite a nice example, praps i should build something instead? can you buy a cage that complys thats removeable? i know theres some terifically knowledgeable people on here could someone share their knowledge help me make a good decision?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hello mate. If yr wanting to run in HKS series in the future, yr best bet is to look on their web site for the rules and regs etc, i think its euro dragsters site if you google it. You will need some sort of cage to enter tho.

Plus its a bloody good safety feature, all my cars including my track 106 rallye and Gti have cages :) makes me feel a bit safer lol:thumbsup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've built a few cars over the years and they all have been caged - there's a cross-over point when they become out and out track cars yes, but when I built the first one I had the wee voice in the back of my head saying 'Ahh but you might need it one day).

My one day came... and thankfully the scars are just mental ones now, and the fact I'm writing this proves the point of how valuable they are ( and with the best helmut and harness you can buy).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts