GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After three years of onership my r33gtr has let go again this will be the third time i have to fix her done a compression test today and cylinder 1 theres nothing so its an engine out job the car was producing 605bhp and mods were as follows
2540 tubies
hks balanced manis
hks elbows
trust down pipes
trust extened sump
trust air induction kit and filters
trust intercooler
excedy twin plate clutch
cp pistion and rods
jun oil pump
hks cam pulleys and belt
cam baffles copys
tomi stage 3 cam 10.8 from memrey the biggest you can go with our maching head
double vavle springs
vi-pec stand alone ecu
1000cc injectors rcc
bosh 044 pump plus aftermarket intank 1
tein shocks
ebc drilled and groved discs
braided lined hel
work inmotion 19s
I luv the car and it pulled like a train faster than my 636 . there has been no expense spared and money but was thinking can i fix it for the third time am a wee bit sickened engine out job wot to do ?do i fix it or cut my loses bare in mind cars only worth 10-15 grand in full working order thinken or braking for parts wot wood you do? :bawling:

·
Registered
396 Posts
3rd time...in 3 years?..would be the last for me.
Start again with something else if you can....go up to the R34 :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
gotta ask why it keeps letting go,has it been same prob each time or have you just been unlucky.mine had to be rebuilt in the first year of ownership,and i found out it had been rebuilt not long before i bought it.did the rebuild myself and took great care and put in many hours,had it mapped well and im now in the fourth year since rebuild,not as much power as yours but ive been happy with my 520 bhp.

·
Registered
561 Posts
That's a bummer, if mine had gone for a third time i'd certainly get a bit disheartened. I'm sure it feels like an endless money pit and you'll driving it wondering when the 4th time will be.
It's always a shame to break or sell, but sometimes it makes financial and practical sense.

Oh, if you do break it dibs on your HKS elbows and manifolds :thumbsup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive been unlucky plus the fact am hard on stuff the first time i bought it was stage 1 mods 400bhp odd lasted bout a two weeks happyness well and truely over anded up away for 7 months 5 grand later sorted forged pistions N1 oil pump step 1 cams new cluch then bought 2 t517zs vi-pec ecu 1000cc injectos got it mapped made 580bhp at 1.4 bar 1 tme round the cost 8 grand plus cost of purchase 12grand it lasted for a bout 6 months half that was run in period then the death rattle came into it not happy .
second time round full rebuild ,extended sump new cams jun oil pump new turbos bosh044 cost about 8 grand junoil puum being the guts of a a grand the cams were also a grand the botton end was 2500 labour and all other bits 8 and a bit so now the car stands me quite abit of doe. It had a gd run there considered it was dove in anger alot think it was the fueling system thing round but not confimed now wot to do ive went this far to fix or not this is the question?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats the thing how much is it worth broken ? more in parts proberly .
even in full working order it wood be hard to get wot ya want for it offers lol

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
You would probably get more selling complete.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
gutted for ya mate but if it were me after the second time it went i wouldnt have fixed the engine id have got an rb30 and started a fresh, would you regret selling it/breaking it seems a shame to break a perfectly good car thats not accident damaged if i were you i would enquire about an rb30 from R.I.P.S and give it one more go.

Good luck in what ever you choose.

Daz.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I said the next time it brakes ill go rb30 but its a clean fortune to do it right and if i done that i wood have to keep it for life to get your moneys worth. thats the thing pound for pound i have not got enough vavlue for money and at wot cost am i gona be happy .But wen it works it really works it just payen to high a price is my problem do i cut a loss or fix it for a while lol

·
R35 Section manager
11,260 Posts
Get someone else to rebuild it properly-you should not have to rebuild it every year or sell it and cut your loss...

·
Registered
788 Posts
Again mate ??? Thats sickening alrite !
Even with you being hard on it , it shouldve lasted longer to be honest !!!!!!!
Something aint quite right. :(:(

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I would think a re-bore might be required. Clean oil ways, block, re-core, re-shell, re-build. They find out what caused this issue. Faulty injector maybe? It's Gunna cost a few ££££ I would think a car like this would cost about £5k less then when it was running.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
and wot price it wood it be worth runnning m reg r33gtr 60000 miles on shell with all the extras?just so i know how much to advertise her for

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
It's hard to say. I've seen some well priced cars out there at the moment.

You would have to advertise it and see. I know what I'd pay, but thats not necessarily a true representaion of its value.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts