GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so this morning I got in the car and heard the dreaded beep, flat tyre. Brilliant screw about 4" from the tyre wall. Can you repair these or is it wise just to buy new? Also how would I rest the tyre warning light does it have to go back to nissan or will it rest itself once filled.

Now the backs are getting quite low on tread iv been quoted on dunlops and Pirelli p zero which are the better tyre or does everyone just stick to the potenza RE070?

Thanks pete

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Get the punture repaired,, any (GOOD) tyre shop will Repair it'
The monitor will reset when the wheel is reinflated and moved a small distance,
Make sure you use a good tyre fitter so as they dont break the TPMS inside the alloy.

Goldie

·
Registered
102 Posts
If it's the low pressure warning it will reset after driving. If flat tyre see dealer error then you need to go there or Ecutek or the like to reset it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just took it to kwickfit for as they are the only place where u live that does nitrogen. They took of the bead and then told me they can't do it because it's a run flat.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Didnt think quick fit repaired tyres anyway.
you need to go to a proper tyre dealer as said earlier.
quickfit are not competent to put a wiper blade on never mind remove a tyre with TPMS.

Dont both with all flash gas in your tyres either,, Nothing wrong with normal air.

IMHAO only

Goldie

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
ATS did mine without issue and nitrogen fill

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
I dynapluged mine myself after only 3ooo miles. Allowed me to get full use out of the set before changing them. Withstood spirited driving, launching and runs upto 150mph on dyno. Appreciate this is not everyone's choice but its an option to consider to see you through to next change

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I dynapluged mine myself after only 3ooo miles. Allowed me to get full use out of the set before changing them. Withstood spirited driving, launching and runs upto 150mph on dyno. Appreciate this is not everyone's choice but its an option to consider to see you through to next change
Ive used a dyno plug as well works amazing,, been over 190mph.
Dont think ill trust it on the front,, But even then if it lets go on the back,
Its good night.. but what a way to leave ,lol

Goldie

·
Registered
8 Posts
And have a look at the debate on other threads here about replacement tyres - the Michelin Pilot Super Sports are favoured by many and are more comfortable than the run flats. I've just taken on a set of the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 and happy with those so far after a couple of thousand miles of fun. A quality tyre and Michelins (MPSS and MPSC) are cheaper than the Dunlop/Bridgestone/Pirelli options.

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
ATS did mine without issue and nitrogen fill
I wonder if ATS nitrogen fill at most sites? I didn't realise they nitrogen filled at all.

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Fit the MPSS , no more tramlining and better ride, forget the nitrogen, Try Tyreleader for your tyres, There's no problem repairing a puncture as long as it's not near the tyre wall.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts