GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick thought, how fast 0 - 60 and 0 - 100 are your cars as all this horsepower means virtually jack to me.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Any 0-.. standing start figure makes me shudder at all the shock to the transmission !

30-70 or 40-100 times are more interesting !

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I'd have to agree here, I nearly fried my clutch the first time I tried to do a 0-60 to impress my mates (not advisable after you've just bought the car)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Well, I'm not saying anything Mattb!
Dirk the Wiggler reckons he can do 0-60 in 4.5 backwards in his phat ass '34 :p , so if he can't do it forwards it might stand as a new record.

I prefer to wait till next monday and let the times speak for themselves.

hehe

John:D

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
TWO CHOICES

THATS WHAT THE CLUTCH AND BOX HAVE, THEY EITHER BREAK OR THEY DONT.

POINTLESS WORRYING IN BETWEEN. 8000RPM AND DROP THE HAMMER.

THE ONLY WAY TO FLY.

DONT TRY IT WITH A STANDARD CRUTCH THOUGH OR IT WILL LAST ABOUT 6 TIMES.

DIRK THE LAUNCH DIGGLER

·
Registered
326 Posts
Full agreement with geezajob, easiest way to need a new clutch and transmition, 0-60 testing:( only good on paper, real world makes little difference. Through the gears is better.

0-100 thats important :D still do your clutch and transmition though, so use a slow rolling start, slightly slower time but you shouldn't blow the clutch.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I`m with the Dirk Man on this one;

0-60mph 3.4sec ...... 1/4mile 11.7sec .......

And I`m on Video along with some of my best Skyline buddies doing the right stuff,giving it some!!!!!!KAMACARZI!!!!!!!!

0-100mph, who knows,I will have to have it timed one day.

Henry.:cool:

ps Buy an up-rated clutch,the transmission in the 33 is pretty tough,the 34 has a slight question mark against it but I`ve seen a few put through some serious pain & survive to run another day.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Henry said:
I`m with the Dirk Man on this one;

0-60mph 3.4sec ...... 1/4mile 11.7sec .......

And I`m on Video along with some of my best Skyline buddies doing the right stuff,giving it some!!!!!!KAMACARZI!!!!!!!!

0-100mph, who knows,I will have to have it timed one day.

Henry.:cool:

ps Buy an up-rated clutch,the transmission in the 33 is pretty tough,the 34 has a slight question mark against it but I`ve seen a few put through some serious pain & survive to run another day.
And an impressive sight it is too.

Haven't had the pleasure of seeing Dirks 34 in flight...hopefully one day i'll see it in action.

Haven't "launched" my car since having the AP fitted. I did on the Nismo a few times but only on the very odd "traffic light grand prix". Certainly haven't tried it at Santa Pod or anywhere like that.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
322 Posts
Is that why ?

Since I bought a Skyline I've not had anything on 4 wheels out drag me & I've not warn a clutch out yet ! ...

But the biggest suprise is that you worry the clutch ? when your determined to get every last BHP.

And now everytime I beat something off the mark I will have to wonder did he let me because he's worried about the clutch !

I might be paranoid (it makes a good excuse I suppose)

regards

Weston

·
Registered
637 Posts
Godzilla....NO DIRK NOOOOO!

The 32's got called Godzilla...the 34's are Gorilla...hairy assed,
chest beating, thick-skulled overgrown monkeys, who don't even wipe! Now stop trying to steal our name ya wiggler-diggler.

John

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
funny guy

John, thats the funniest thing I have seen on this board so far, 10 out of 10 for effort.

Genuinely impressed, f*cking funny.

Excellent:D

Dirk Gorilla boy Diggler - Raaaaahhhh

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Bayside Blue Dick-wiggling GORILLA

I agree Dirk.:D I made my missus jump with my sudden laughter. This website gets worse as time goes by.
I should be going to the zoo on my birthday later in the week. If I see a bayside blue one, I will take a photo for you. Will look out for a silver chimp as well.
John, can you come up trumps and post up a picture of godsuki in silver:D

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
yes

GOOD CALL, JOHN GET A SILVER ONE UP HERE BUT MAKE SURE ITS A LIFELIKE SCALE VERSION AS PER THE ORIGINAL:p

DIRK HAIRY BLUE DIGGLER

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Dirk and Paul piccy

I know that I can wait until Monday but it would be good to see the two of you side by side sooner. Go for it John!

·
Registered
637 Posts
No problamo,

Here, nestling in the undergrowth of this primeval forest, sits one of nature's most enigmatic creatures...the Gorilla. Thought by many to be almost extinct, it's only hope for survival lies in the historic geneology of its more capable cousins...GODZILLA.

A shy and slow-moving creature, the Gorilla has evolved beyond usefullness and is often out-witted in the search for its main staple diet.....p+ssy. Scientists and conservationalists alike have fought to preserve the species, but it's only chance of survival in the modern world is by cross-breeding. Many think the Gorilla to be inbred, becoming sluggardly, phat, and overweight.

Its more nimble cousins, the Godzillas, were renowned for their agility, speed and agressivness, and they dominated these wild places for millions of hours. Now, sadly, only a few Godzillas are kept in captivity. What will become of the Gorilla...only time will tell

Giant silver Gorilla..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hhmmmmmmm

Now you're talking.......SILVER:D .

I could swear he's faster and leaner than than poxy Blue Hairy Gorilla ! :D

1 - 20 of 60 Posts