GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my GTR to bits - but I think its sounds boring really want a Y-pipe and / titanium exhaust but its a new UK nav car fully warranteed. I have read mixed messages re Y-pipes and accessports. I do believe that the ECU reflash will void the warrantee that puts me off - Has anyone fitted a Y-pipe without re-programming the ECU and had HPC ok that for a claim.:confused:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I had the dealer fit a Miltek Y-pipe before I picked my car up. Now arranty issues. I didn't have a remap. I did ask him about it and he said it wasn't required. I would like some feedback on that from anyone who has fitted and remapped. I only have 600 miles on the car so can't realy say too much about it so far.

Ally

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do u think the full titan is warantee friendly - makes sense it is as its a superior component depends if the HPC would b difficult

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
g8 thanks i think ill get the y-pipe w/out remap - GTC ben ?? thoughts
A bit like asking the butcher if you should go vegetarian. lol.

I've run a Milltek pipe, mostly without the remap, for 6k miles, with no issues.

I wouldn't worry about exhausts and warranties.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had a y pipe fitted about a month ago the car sounds great now. I spoke to my hpc and they were happy to fit a miltek pipe, but advised me against having any work done on the car at a non hpc.They said if i took the car somewhere else and there was any problem i may have warranty issues, my advice would be to stick with your hpc.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I had a y pipe fitted about a month ago the car sounds great now. I spoke to my hpc and they were happy to fit a miltek pipe, but advised me against having any work done on the car at a non hpc.They said if i took the car somewhere else and there was any problem i may have warranty issues, my advice would be to stick with your hpc.
Id be interested as to how much they charged you to fit it!? 10 min job and free at Litchfields! I suffer from HPCitis!

·
Registered
199 Posts
do u think the full titan is warantee friendly - makes sense it is as its a superior component depends if the HPC would b difficult
No - from my own enquiries.

My HPC is happy to fit the Miltek Y-Pipe which they are doing, and maintain the warranty, but no other Y-Pipe.

He was telling me the other day that one of their customers had a full after-market exhaust system fitted - he didn't say which one or where it was fitted - but anyway apparently it resulted in a melted major wiring loom, a void warranty, and a very expensive repair bill.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
but anyway apparently it resulted in a melted major wiring loom, a void warranty, and a very expensive repair bill
A HPC told me that you couldn't read the japanese dials on a JDM version

only the setup screens are in japanese.... load of tosh

Its a HPC vested interest to keep them standard and going back to them

·
Registered
968 Posts
Bollocks. A ypipe, no matter what brand won't do anything to your warrantee. Anybody telling you differently is lousy informed. I was driving last day on the highway with a mate with his stock GTR (due to running in still). When I passed him he told me my car sounds so great. When he passed me I erm heard nothing.

·
Registered
690 Posts
No - from my own enquiries.

My HPC is happy to fit the Miltek Y-Pipe which they are doing, and maintain the warranty, but no other Y-Pipe.

He was telling me the other day that one of their customers had a full after-market exhaust system fitted - he didn't say which one or where it was fitted - but anyway apparently it resulted in a melted major wiring loom, a void warranty, and a very expensive repair bill.
What total rubbish!! For one, your HPC doesn't warranty the vehicle....Nissan does! Secondly, Nissan and Miltec have no warranty agreement! Just more HPC bs! All Y pipes are pretty close to doing the same thing. Whther you buy a Miltec, GTC, HKS or any other make is just a matter of taste and size of wallet! I'd love to know how much your HPC charged you to fit it!? You've been mugged off!

·
Registered
140 Posts
A hpc told me that anything connected to the exhaust would be excluded with a warranty claim. i.e. if the turbos fail and had a y pipe fitted your warranty wouldnt cover this.

also surely it wouldnt matter who maintains your car, you could pursue a claim as long as no modifications were made by anyone, HPC, litchfieds or who ever fits tuning parts

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
What I would say is...

If you are thinking about the Y-pipe and your HPC can supply and fit it and also inform that it WONT effect your warranty then I suggest getting it in writting on HPC headed paper.

Robbie

·
Registered
376 Posts
:D my 2p - get the y-pipe, then if something does go a bit wrong just swap the original centre section back on again before it goes to the HPC - simples :thumbsup:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Nissan clearly stated on the recent engine recall that if you had a y pipe fitted to leave it on and they would refit it with the new engine. Now would they do that if there was any fear of an issue?! If the y pipe drops off you're not going to get a new one from Nissan. Everything else is ok.

·
Registered
14 Posts
:D my 2p - get the y-pipe, then if something does go a bit wrong just swap the original centre section back on again before it goes to the HPC - simples :thumbsup:
Great in theory, but unless you refit the standard pipe prior to every service, the hpc will register the fact that you have had the y-pipe fitted, and could use this knowledge if any future problems should come up with your car.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Great in theory, but unless you refit the standard pipe prior to every service, the hpc will register the fact that you have had the y-pipe fitted, and could use this knowledge if any future problems should come up with your car.
Send it to a different HPC if a problem should arise?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nissan clearly stated on the recent engine recall that if you had a y pipe fitted to leave it on and they would refit it with the new engine. Now would they do that if there was any fear of an issue?! If the y pipe drops off you're not going to get a new one from Nissan. Everything else is ok.

I think it's quite enough to clear up all the doubts about that term...:thumbsup:

Regards!!!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts