GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any links to a compressor flow map or any other data for the HKS TO4z ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have tried to get this info for a while... I think the t04Z is made by garret for HKS. the compressor map doesnt seem to be about. If you do get hold of one could you mail me [email protected].

I think its basically the same as a t04R turbo but has a modded housing on the inducer. I think the best match to the t04R which is a 62-1 turbo.. hks are a pain in the @ss

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
From what I have been able to gather so far, both the TO4R and TO4Z both use the same identical 84mm/66.7mm 63 trim compressor wheel, and 0.7 a/r compressor cover, so you are almost certainly correct Steve.

As sdminus says, where they seem to differ is that the TO4R uses the standard compressor cover, but the TO4Z has the antisurge vents, (exclusive to HKS) giving potentially a much wider flow range. Those vents would significantly change the shape of the compressor flow map, which may be why no flow map is published for the TO4Z ?? THe TO4R and TO4Z compressor wheels are considerably larger than the 62-1, 84mm versus 3" (76mm) outside, and 66.7mm versus 2.441" (62mm) inlet.

Another interesting feature of the TO4S, TO4R and TO4Z are that, although they have all the modern features of ball bearings and water cooling, and a modern efficient compressor wheel design, they all use the old school P trim turbine wheels.

That is probably why they call them a TO4, because that is exactly what the exhaust side is.

That may be good or bad depending on your point of view. But one advantage is that it opens up an absolutely vast range of alternative turbine housings. Single entry or split, T4 or T3 flange, tangental or central inlet, and A/Rs in at least eight steps from 0.5 to 1.71, and possibly more.

3,665 Posts
been answered before , yes Garret supply the core to HKS that use STD size exhaust/compressor wheels as fitted to a T04 garret Turbo., but the trick part of the TO4z is the TURBINE/COMPRESSOR housings are designed/developed by HKS.

mark

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mark. I did try a search, but came up with no actual hard data or compressor maps.

From what I have been able to gather so far, the TO4r and TO4z both use the same identical Garrett wheels and ball bearing centre. The R uses a fairly ordinary 0.7 compressor housing, wheras the Z compressor housing has a few rather unique design features exclusive to HKS.

·
Premium Member
3,816 Posts
"TO4r and TO4z both use the same identical Garrett wheels and ball bearing centre."
T04R is not ball bearing cartridge. Just plain old sleeve bearings and non water cooled centre housing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts