GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, on my R33 GTR i have the above alarm fitted and have some issues i would like to solve.
1) when i lock the car it chirps 4 times and twice when i unlock, i'd rather it done it twice to lock and once to unlock
2)also when i lock via the fob while its running and then switch the ignition off it unlocks, i would like it to stay locked untill i unlock it. basicly i cant leave the turbo timer running and walk away from the car because it unlocks itself unless i lock via door lock manually.

Any ideas?
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
245 Posts
Think you may struggle getting any cat 1 alarm to work with the turbo timer, as they don't generally get on.

If you press the lower left button before you press the lock or unlock it does it silently with just the indicator flash. My experience of these is its a single or a souble chirp. If you are getting 4 you may have a door sensor similar with a problem, that worth checking out, sure you'll find out on google.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
already press the 3rd button before locking/unlocking. still looking everywhere. thanks for advice.

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Hi

Don,t know if its any help:wavey:
I have the official toad 17 page installation manual for this alarm so drop me a PM with your addy and i will pass it on if you want.

It explains how to put the alarm into test mode to identify faults

Best regards Alan

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just got that on the weekend, been looking through it and trying to work my options out. thanks for the offer.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi I am not so sure there is a fault. On my Alarm the car locks when car running and unlocks when it stops this is a feature not a fault. You can however go in to setup mode and change the way the alarm behaves. For example you can set it like mine to fully lock after 30sec if left alone unatended (warning still works if keys are in the car). so check your setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts