GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those fortunate enough to visit the assembly plant, did anyone see if the engine bolted to the engine dyno had turbos connected? Or are the engines tested as in NA configuration?

Anders

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
To those fortunate enough to visit the assembly plant, did anyone see if the engine bolted to the engine dyno had turbos connected? Or are the engines tested as in NA configuration?

Anders
Full road spec config on the engine dyno, I am in the process of writing up a full article on the visit.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Did lots of test on the VR38DETT at SRR in N/A Format as its part of a method i use to get a perfect base map.

In Standard format the engines makes around 260hp without forced induction when running on the S8 to allow for N/A running.

With Downpipes, y pipe and Larger intakes that went up to 289bhp

Ryan

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll look forward to the write up. Someone on NAGTROC asked the question if the dyno was run with turbos, ie creating boost on a fresh engine.

Ryan, interesting info. Not that terrible for a turbo engine. Have you run a J2Z in the same NA configuration?

Anders

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'll look forward to the write up. Someone on NAGTROC asked the question if the dyno was run with turbos, ie creating boost on a fresh engine.

Ryan, interesting info. Not that terrible for a turbo engine. Have you run a J2Z in the same NA configuration?

Anders
Do you mean a 2JZGTE :)

Yes loads!!

Stock 2JZGTE make around 180bhp in N/A Format have mapped some 1000bhp+ 2JZGTE that make around 350bhp in N/A format.

2JZGE make around 200bhp and of course are N/A already

Nearly every engine i will map as an N/A first on the dyno.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you mean a 2JZGTE :)

Yes loads!!

Stock 2JZGTE make around 180bhp in N/A Format have mapped some 1000bhp+ 2JZGTE that make around 350bhp in N/A format.

2JZGE make around 200bhp and of course are N/A already

Nearly every engine i will map as an N/A first on the dyno.

Ryan
Yep the 2JZGTE, I wasn't sure on the full engine code. I saw you map a 902bhp one at Surrey Rolling road last year, that was a beast with dinner plate turbo.

Anders

1 - 6 of 6 Posts