GTR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pick my GTR up from the port and i cant fooking wait :bowdown1:
Unfortunately it could be mid next week before she is registered/taxed but at least i get to drive her on trade plates for a day and then polish her for a week :p .
Just a few questions though, the boost controller (HKS EVC) was removed before exporting along with the ice and boost gauge to stop them being pinched therefore it will have to be kept off boost. Will the EVC just plug back in or will i have to take it somewhere to have it done for me?
Can anyone recommend anywhere in the Northeast to get a good underseal/waxoyl etc done?

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
best feeling in the owrld, the day you go to pic up a new car, you cant beat it. Nice having it off road for a week anyway always little things you want to do to them!

·
Registered
984 Posts
GTR Jon said:
Just a few questions though, the boost controller (HKS EVC) was removed before exporting along with the ice and boost gauge to stop them being pinched therefore it will have to be kept off boost. Will the EVC just plug back in or will i have to take it somewhere to have it done for me?
Plug straight back in and should work fine....I have removed mine a couple of times to change the place where it is.....no problem at all.

I remember picking mine up from the docks.....got there and it was in a bit of a state, fron tlip had been scuffed and and ripped off the bumper....tyres were all flat and one was half off the wheel..........but the first drive in her....:bowdown1: :bowdown1: :clap:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only just stopped messing with her now, she was filthy and would not fire up so had to tow her home. Changed the plugs and she fired first time. She's amazing and best of all its the first car i've had where everything works!
Gonna give her a good polish tomorrow and put the ice back in then its off for the mot.
She looks even better than i could ever have imagined, its like she rolled out the showroom after a bit clean, even the interior is totally unmarked.
I FOOKING LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
awesome .. just hope you didn't tow it to far - a big no no with GTR's.

·
Registered
119 Posts
murano3 said:
awesome .. just hope you didn't tow it to far - a big no no with GTR's.
Please explain why its a big no no

·
Registered
365 Posts
damages the transaxle. the owners manual states not to tow the car for more than 30km at more than 30km/h with front or rear wheels raised. not sure if its ok with both on the ground. i had mine on a truck when it needed lifting

·
Registered
119 Posts
As far as I know it is fine to tow a 4wd car as long as you tow it with all four wheels on the ground, got my lancia delta home this way by using an A Frame.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah its fine as long as all 4 wheels are on the ground. I'll get some pics up next week when i can get her somewhere to take some good ones.
Gotta say i knew i was going to love my GTR but didnt realise just how much. None of the photo's i saw before she arrived do it justice and i'll be keeping her a very very very long time if not indefinately!

·
Registered
116 Posts
congrats mate the wait is agonizing isnt it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts