GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was not looking forward to fitting these 2012 ported inlets to my 09 , but on the whole it was not to bad a job , took @ 3hrs on the floor , was surprised how small the 09s were compared to the later ones , tomorrow we shall see if we have more boost up the top end as this was what i am hoping for

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
Nice job, they are a lot smaller...keep us posted on gains :D

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
F**k me that was worth the effort - was running 18.40 psi on my last data with no change to the map its now running 19.29 :)
extra .1 of a bar boost ? probs due to the extra flow... would it be more with a remap?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I made 678bhp om my CBA with stock inlets. It's a myth.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so is that dyno figure :) if Nissan thought they needed bigger inlets for the later cars to run more power then surely they are needed on a stage 4 early car

·
Registered
128 Posts
I read somewhere on the US forums that it worked out something like 10bhp at the top end on the DBA inlets

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I read somewhere on the US forums that it worked out something like 10bhp at the top end on the DBA inlets
The reason i fitted them was after seeing this dyno chart before and after fitting ( this had ported manifold as well ) it was not just the peak power gain but if you look it gained power everywhere , will look at the data log later when i have tidied my garage up

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
As part of an overall strategy of increasing all intake side piping diameter it's a sensible upgrade if the engine's out. I thought about these for a long time before going full build but the reality was imho the cost vs benefit didn't stack up.

Without a built engine you're torque limited well before these would give any noticeable benefit and any added puff up top is hard to feel I believe. Also the Dyno charts can be a tad misleading when you're talking only a 1.6% potential increase in power (600hp, 10 HP added). It's even lower if you're running 650 as many stage 4.25 or so cars do.

But it's your car and time and hats off for the install - I know they're a pig to do with the engine in so bloody well done!

Reactions: terry lloyd

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Andy , you are right as well, quite a bit more boost in the low to mid range at the same wastegate setting but you have to reign it in for safety, sadly not much more up top above 6k looking at the datalog .....

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
So 678 is not a believable dyno figure but you were inspired by a dynojet print out - famously the most inaccurate commercially available dyno?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Morning Adam, i take all dyno figures with a pinch of salt, they are a tool for setting up cars ie seeing if the mods you made have improved the car - the plot i put up was before and after on the same dyno i did not even look at the numbers its a 93octane fuel map , to add i am very wary of figures over 650hp on a stock turbo car after reading iirc Ryans of syvecs in depth thread saying these cars will not make over that power with stock turbos on pump fuel they will not flow the air to do it - that 678 would be 30-50hp down on any other dyno imho

·
Registered
924 Posts
Morning Adam, i take all dyno figures with a pinch of salt, they are a tool for setting up cars ie seeing if the mods you made have improved the car - the plot i put up was before and after on the same dyno i did not even look at the numbers its a 93octane fuel map , to add i am very wary of figures over 650hp on a stock turbo car after reading Ryans of syvecs in depth thread saying these cars will not make over that power with stock turbos on pump fuel they will not flow the air to do it - that 678 would be 30-50hp down on any other dyno imho
Link to Ryans thread?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Awesome work!! I'll be getting me some of those :squintdan

I've got a DBA ECU I'm going to use too. As soon as I can find a way of marrying it to the car

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome work!! I'll be getting me some of those :squintdan

I've got a DBA ECU I'm going to use too. As soon as I can find a way of marrying it to the car
They are the got boost performance ones iirc they are matched to the oem turbo compressor size, apparently this is better than fitting bigger ones (turbulence ???) the 09s actually block the turbo inlet , i think there is a lot of scope adding these just depends on the risk you want to take with the rods , Dba ecu should be interesting you will be able to use the later ignition timing

Yes Nismo engine cover - added 25hp :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Nice engine bay! You do all that?
Yeah CBA has that weird real time calculated spark timing which they dropped for a more traditional method on DBA. Jury still out on which is better.
Are DBA inlets that big? Or Gotboost ported DBA inlets to match precisely?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes i did the engine bay just a bit of painting while fitting injectors

I think all the dba ported ones are matched to the turbo inlet 63mm rings a bell so the stock dba is going to be a tad smaller , they have been sat in the loft for 2years , could not be bothered to fit them until now , if your fitting them with the engine fitted in the car its best to remove the power steering pump that side is a doddle then everythings done from the top , passenger side you can get the top nut easily bottom one remove wheel and you can see the nut , then just remove hoses from compressor housing and actuator then its fun getting it out but it does come out eventually

1 - 20 of 28 Posts