• 10 Days-Any

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd start this off now as I remember speaking to a couple of us and it seemed like a good idea.

Who fancies a trip to Japan in January for the Tokyo Auto Salon and to visit a few tuners/meets and watch these ' local lads' tear up on the motorways. I have got to know a know chap called Alan who regulary visits Japan and he knows a lot of the meeting points etc., speaks very good Japanese and would be more than pleased to help us out. Some of you may have met him at Gaydon. He was in the Group B 240Z. Also DCD is a local who I am sure if he was their would be more than pleased to meet up. I do know that the Auto Salon can be a bit 'Veilsidy' but ALL the tuners are their so hey, what about it.

Anyone know anyone in the travel industry? Party bookings etc., I seem to remember someone mention Joss and Virgin. Not sure if that was sexually based though :D . Sorry Joss :D .

Well I'm 99 percent going so what do we all think ?

Plus theirs nothing to do here in January so come on.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Hi there,

I don't know whether I can go to Tokyo in January or not, but I can arrange several people of GTROC to meet.
But there is a big problem....
They never speak English, I believe.
I think I can look for the hotel to stay in cheap price.
I think it is most expensive here in London...
Please feel free to make contact with me.

Sincerely,
Shin

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Days

Sorry guys meant to say 5 days Thursday to Monday. Go to Auto Salon on Friday as Saturday is meant to be REALLY busy and then do the Friday or Saturday night thing watching the 'boys'. I am sure we could get ourselves an interpreter or their must be English speaking GTR enthusiast/s out their. Was going to go this year and the hotels were a bit pricey but as Shin said someone could sort something out for us. I know we'll all crash at DCD's:D .

Seriously though let's give it a go.

Joss, could you change the poll to read Thursday to Monday. Thanks.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Count me in

I was already thinking of going to 2002 show so if you guys are going then you can definitely count me in. I'm not bothered when we go so long as we do go.

Talat.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Tokyo trip

Hi there,

Going on the Friday sounds like a good idea, but I'm sure it will still be pretty crowded.
You guys should also plan a visit to Nismo, where there are always interesting cars on display and nice little gadgets and GTR paraphernalia to buy. There are also 2 GTR museums, one close to Nikko and one close to Tsukuba city(and about 15 minutes from the circuit).
Other intersting places, all car related obviously, are Twin Ring Motegi, Hondas race track where they have a very nice museum and where you can race their one seaters. The other is Toyota Megaweb which has a resonable display of cars and you can drive any of Toyotas cars in production....and lets not forget Super Autobacs....always a nice place to stop and have a look, plus it' s very close to the MegaWeb.
I suggest you let Shin help you with the hotel side of things as he might know the right places to check.....and as he said London ain't too much cheeper in comparison to Tokyo!!

Or as t6kyo suggested you can all come over here and crash on my living room floor:D ;) !!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Hi there,

As DCD mentioned, there are two Skyline Museum in Japan.
One is excactly near from Tsukuba, but another is very far from Nikko.
It is located in Nagano pref. and it is the area that the Winter Olympic Games was held there.
By the way, I think I can tell you several options to your hotel.
There are very cheap hotel in Tokyo, but if you want to stay at good hotel, it will cost very much.
Please tell me what kind of hotel would you like.

Sincerely,
Shin

·
Registered
272 Posts
I would be interested in coming up from New Zealand for the Auto Salon . how much money should I budget on for a cheap hotel , transport around the city and meals? it would be good to see some Wangan racing although I guess that wouldnt happen in the middle of winter would it?
Brenhan.

·
Registered
32 Posts
kiwi contigent

depending on financials I'd be keen. I know Japan isn't the cheapest place in the world.. a trip could easily cost me a couple of turbos and some 555injectors. So I wouldn't mind getting an idea of what $$$ would be involved. Air fares dont need to worry about though as I've got enough air miles its sickening.

Rowan

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
trippin'

The visit seems a a great way of meeting up with members from around the world:D I guess that it is going to be one of those trips where loads want to do it, but don't when it comes to pay the cash. I can see that it will not be cheap:( , but will be an amazing experience. I will have to see how finances go as i have to spend money on the car(s) and christmas always hits me hard but.....we will see.
Dave
Ps not many votes yet?

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts

T9YKO,

You stoll my idea you git. ;)

Mind you, we have all probalby thought of it, just like myself and Guy, couldn't be bothered to get around to it.

I think its a great idea. Just depends on the dosh needed.

I don't need too much pampering, and I don't just eat lobster when away, so the lower end of the flight/hotel would be better for me as it would for most I guess.

The cheaped we can get it the greater number of people would be able to go, maybe giving further dicsounts. :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Sounds lie a great idea, the only issue is cost. Somebody mentioned cheap flights hotels etc. Sorry I no longer work for the airlines, so guess the best alternative would be to book it via one of the on-line service providers. Hotels could be done via www as well, although it may be a lot cheaper to stay just outside of town.

Does anyone have any idea of numbers yet?

John

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
cheep, cheep

The cheaper the better is what everyone is saying (except the rich boys!). My mate chris said the trip would be the trip of a lifetime with all of the sights to visit and the history of the skyline (and GTiR). How much room does Dino have in his house? Room for 20? If not a cheap hotel on the outskirts and some sleeping bags!

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
VOTE

COME ON THEN VOTE. Then we'll have an idea of numbers:rolleyes: .

I looked into it this year and Aeroflot had some cheap flights:( . BUT if cheap is what we want then hey Aeroflot it is. Or Virgin. Someone must have a connection somewhere ;) .

Perhaps when we get an idea we can get some prices together.

COME ON THEN VOTE. This poll thing ain't for just looking at you know. :D :D :D .

Glen.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Flights

I've used these in the past for good value flights...

KLM via Amsterdam
Lufthansa(is that how you spell it:confused: ) via Frankfort or
Alitalia via Milan(Malpensa)....the one I used for 3 years while "commuting" back and forth from Tokyo to London during my uni years! Probably one of the first to look at would be Alitalia for value...especially now that they collaborate with JAL on flights from Milan

IMO stay away from Areoflot....:rolleyes:

Loads of hotels to choose from over here if you are on a budget....including the famous sleeping capsules!;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Additional Contact in Japan

Michael Mintto over on the Skyline Forum on Yahoo might be able to help out as well.

See attached email:
============================================
Andrew,

I would love to help out if I can. pass my address
around and if someone needs something, anything, give
me a shout.

Michael
--- "Andrew L.P. Kellner" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Michael,
>
> I see your posting on the Skyline forum. I am not
> sure if you also look at www.gtr.co.uk
>
> On the message board, there is an ongoing discussion
> about a group of Skyline owners coming to Tokyo in
> Jan for the AutoSalon show etc. You might want to
> hook up with these guys. You might be able to give
> them a hand with Japanese etc.................
>
> Jahne,
>
> Andrew
>

=====
Michael D. Minotto
Founder & CEO
Xtra Reps International
2-34-29 Park Hill, Suwada #103
Ichikawa, Chiba 272-0825
Cell Phone: 090-8440-1695