GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody help me out?

I have recently purchased a Tomei Hicas Lock, although I have the installation drawing, it is mainly in Japanese........ The problem I have is recognising the wires at the Nissan Hicas ECU that I have to cut and join into, on the drawing it states the colours in Japanese. Does anybody have one fitted to an R32 GT-R that can tell me the wire colours? :)

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
353 Posts

Splice the red wire from the tomei hicas lock into the brown wire that is on the large connector

Yellow wire on the tomei hicas goes to the red & green wire on the larger connector.Make sure it goes to the to wire side that goes to the front of the car not the connector side.

The Yellow and black wire share the same red & green wire

black wire on the tomei lock goes to the same red & green wire that you just cut...but it goes the connector side so leave enough wire on the connector to connect to.

the white wire on the tomei lock goes to a green & white wire on the small connector.It attaches to the wire side that goest to the front of the car...not the connector side

blue wire goes the other half of the green and white that you just cut...but it goes on the small connector side....hard to see in this pic

I assume no responsibilty for trunk fires..lol

I hope this helps:)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a million mate for taking time out to go and photograph your wiring for me. I will go out right now and wire this up. Of course I will not hold you responsible for turnning my pride and joy into a pile of smoldering ashes!!! lol :) :) :)

Thanks again :bowdown1:
Ian

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not yet, I discovered that my selection of crimp-on bullet connectors does not have the right size, will have to go out to Halfrauds today to get some............. Nothing is ever straight forward :rolleyes:

Why you ask?

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Beer Baron said:
they come with the tomei kit. should all be the right size. everything you need to fit it is in the packet.
I bought the kit used so it does not have the corresponding bullets that have to be crimped onto the Hicas ECU wires...........

Cant wait to get it fitted, my Hicas seems to make the car weave, ar$e end to the right when accelerating and to the left when braking...... Its the strangest feeling. Once you have driven about 4-5 miles the Hicas light comes on on the dash and all is OK, no wandering. I just want to do away with it all together, pesh idea anyway. :)

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
130 Posts
sorry for hijacking a little, I'm assuming this is a different method of locking the system other than installing the bar in place of the HICAS unit?

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
The Tomei kit uses locking shims to lock the rear steer rack in a central position and comes with the electronic unit for the HICAS ECU so that the light doesnt come on all the time.

This kit keeps all the gubbins on the car. I've seen replacement bars and also strange little stub arms by Midori.....

which do the same thing. I suppose if you worship the gods of weight reduction the replacement kits are the way forward LOL.

TT

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bl00dy thing!

I have now fitted the little control box wired up thanks to GTR--J, but I have another question.............

The two small split brass washers that fit into the HICAS rack are too thick to slip into the spaces in the rack ends. Do I need to adjust these rack ends to allow them to slip in then tighten the rack back onto the washers? :confused:

I dont want to go and make an ar5e of the rear wheel alignment.

When I pulled the two rubber gaiters back I could see the rod ends of the rack, these have larger nut/ball sockets on the ends of them with 4 flats to allow a spanner to turn them, is this the adjustment????

Thanks in advance for any info. :)
Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
172 Posts
The Tomei kit uses locking shims to lock the rear steer rack in a central position and comes with the electronic unit for the HICAS ECU so that the light doesnt come on all the time.

This kit keeps all the gubbins on the car. I've seen replacement bars and also strange little stub arms by Midori.....

which do the same thing. I suppose if you worship the gods of weight reduction the replacement kits are the way forward LOL.

TT
if we install the replacement bars, do we still need the Tomei electronic unit for the HICAS ECU so that the light doesnt come on all the time. or those drag car just live with the lights. ie no dash board. ??

·
Registered
130 Posts
if we install the replacement bars, do we still need the Tomei electronic unit for the HICAS ECU so that the light doesnt come on all the time. or those drag car just live with the lights. ie no dash board. ??
No, installed mine this weekend. Where the PS lines are plugged it still retains the sensor in the system.

·
Registered
172 Posts
thanks TokyoJoe. save me $$ with your info..

but if we choose to remove the whole hicas pump etc, for sure the engine check will be up. right?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts