GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Was hoping for some help and info.
I currently have a Tomei Reytec airflowless ecu fitted but have been offered a Link G4 ECU brand new, fitted and mapped for £1500.
I'd like to know:
1) Is that a good price
2) Is the G4 worthwhile changing to anyway
3) What are peoples thoughts in comparison to the F con pro that seems to be widely used already.

Do to various upgrades on the engine already, the Tomei is just about at its limit of capabilities so there is a need to upgrade anyway plus I'm told the G4 has many extra options on top of simple tuning needs.

·
Registered
907 Posts
i vote for link,

i like this ecu very much, its good ecu, it plug inn, its cheap compared to others, and has many many options on it already, and software wise, i think its one of the best.

simon

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I haven't got much experience with the Link, but I heard they are pretty good.

But given the price, I would stay with a F-Con V Pro as the price is near enough the same (unless F-Con Pro is A LOT more expensive)

The F-Con been tried and tested to plug in and work on the GTR, it is a very good ecu and I think there are more than enough mapper with the software to work with it now.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Personally I'd go with the link, they are extreemly advanced for their price and we've had nothing but great results from them.

You need to consider what ecu the guy who is going to be mapping it is more familia with though, the best ecu in the world is not alot of use if the guy mapping knows not alot about it but is very familiar with another type.

Rob

·
Registered
106 Posts
Link in my opinion although im biased lol but from experienced having replaced fcon pros tuned by "expert tuner" with links, night and day differance especially with driveability, response, economy, cold start etc etc etc.
Also being able to connect to your own ecu with your own pc to do simple checks, firmware upgrades etc and on board data logging its a no brainer really.
Jason

·
Registered
106 Posts
Personally I'd go with the link, they are extreemly advanced for their price and we've had nothing but great results from them.

You need to consider what ecu the guy who is going to be mapping it is more familia with though, the best ecu in the world is not alot of use if the guy mapping knows not alot about it but is very familiar with another type.

Rob
Totally agree.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts