GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a good exhaust for my R33 GTR? I have found one brand new for £600 posted from usa.

Also what diameter is piping and what size tip on the backbox.

Who has this exhaust what sort of sound do you get?

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is the one that Matty32 has sold a few examples and Dino (DCD) and Aki (asaka33?) did a report/article on SpeedHunters

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
You might get stung on customs. Might be better just to buy from Newera direct? Nice systems it would seem and really good value for money.

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
I bought a few things from the US, their prices are cheap to begin with so even with tax it still works out better than most other prices.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've got one on mine mate. It's loud! But it sounds awesome in my opinion, although I will probably be getting a cat replacement silencer on for track days.
Here's a few pics I've got of it incase you're interested - I can take some from the back of the car tomorrow if you like...

·
Registered
25,655 Posts
sold loads of these,

i remember seeing these when we have a private tour at TOMEI

(some of our staff used to work at newera before Tomei) so we have a link there.

if you want one let me know.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
I've got one on mine mate. It's loud! But it sounds awesome in my opinion, although I will probably be getting a cat replacement silencer on for track days.
Do you have any accurate readings on exactly how loud this exhaust system is DriftnStack? I've currently got a Blitz Nür system on my GT-R and its 106.8db @ 4500rpm which is way too loud for most UK Tracks and their 100db limits....:bawling:

·
Registered
25,655 Posts
The tomei is not track friendly

unless you use the bung which it has

the blitz is very loud (and to be honest, not a very well made muffler)

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
The tomei is not track friendly
Bugger, Is there anything that is?:(

unless you use the bung which it has

the blitz is very loud (and to be honest, not a very well made muffler)
My cars system came with the bung too Matty and it didn't make that much of a difference reducing the high noise levels. It might not be well made in your honest opinion but it came fitted to my car when I bought it and I'm unlikely to replace it with another expensive system unless its been proven to take an RB's engine under the magic 100db limits!

·
Registered
25,655 Posts
most popular track friendly is the HKS hi Silent, but TBH i dont really rate their quality either.

Tomei is good quality as its Midori, some Kakimoto systems etc

if you need track, the mufflers are limited as in JP its very different so not many are made for export market to meet track requirements.

HKS silent may be your only option but it wont sound like the blitz

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Thanks for the advice there Matty!:thumbsup:

if you need track, the mufflers are limited as in JP its very different so not many are made for export market to meet track requirements.
TBH Track use is not that high on my list of priorities after seeing first hand how any GT-R's seem to be the instant targets of the "I've gotta pass that-un no matter what" brigade in their eBay bargains which you now see commonly at most RWYB Track based Events....:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts