GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/meanrex/...rex/lst?&.dir=/AutoBacs+RS-01&.src=ph&.view=t
They're hosted by Yahoo, so you need a Yahoo account to view em. I had to babelfish for a couple hours to find all of these beauties. Let me know if you don't have a Yahoo membership and I'll host em somewhere else for ya :D

Anyone have any more info about it?

I know it is called the Tommy Kaira ZZII and the AutoBacs RS-01
I think RS-01 was the prototype name, but I'm not sure.
It might have an N1 in it, but I haven't seen any real confirmation of that yet, it also might be a 2.7l. I think a RB-X Replica from an N1 block would be a wicked combo ;)
I believe it uses ATTESSA, and I'm not sure upon the tranny it uses.

AutoBacs RS-01/Tommy Kaira ZZII

-=ENGINE=-
-Mid-Mounted Nissan Skyline GT-R 2.6l Inline6 RB26DETT
-550ps/542hp
-AWD

-=BODY=-
-Monocoque Space Frame
-Integrated Roll Cage
Length 4300mm / 169.2"
Width 1860mm / 73.2"
Height 1190mm / 46.8"
Weight 1,000kg / 2205lbs

-=SUSPENSION & WHEELS=-
-Cantilever Front Suspension
-6-piston Front Brakes/4-piston Rear Brakes
-19" wheels

-=PRICE=-
-1000 Ten Thousand Yen/$85,000USD

0-60mph: Not sure but I think I read somehwere that it was mid 3's
Est. Top Speed: 330km/h+ / 198mph (I saw some saying 210mph+ however)

Info:
Made by Tommy Kaira, the ZZ ceased production in April 2000.
After outcries from loyal owner, TK began ZZ-2 production in Britain in October 2001.
From the concept car design, to debut at the Frankfurt Auto Show.

Notice some info is from GT3 lol.

And heres just a really nice N1 RB26 buildup :D
http://www.going-jp.com/pri/rb26menu.htm

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
I saw that prototype exhibited at theToyota Megaweb at the beginning of the year. No idea what is going on with the actual development...no news or scoops so far. I really don't know if it will actually happen...or if it does, when?!:(

It does sound like it could be a prety awesome sports car 1000 kg and RB27 power can only be a recepie for a great car....maybe another back up car if Nissan screws up the next GTR!:D :p

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
That is my all time dream car by far, a mid engine, AWD, N1 RB26DETT powered, 550ps, weight 1000KG and look like a Mclaren F1............:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

And that is cheaper then what I pay for my GTR here in the USA...........damn..............:( So I can be driving that and still save money :(

Japanese people are SO lucky :p

Jeff

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Jeff,

....except you can't drive it.

It has no production date at all yet sadly, as I for one would be in the queue if it was available.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Bean...........it is such a tease..............

I heard some rumor (mainly from Dino I think) that the RB26 won't make it since Nissan killed it and of course the emission problem.

It is really a DREAM car for me................let me keep on dreaming then, or I just go sit in my GTR with the engine running and rev up the engine and imagine I am in a ZZ2. I am pathetic isn't it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Jeff,

It's not pathetic at all, without dreams we wouldn't be anywhere.

However, If I was sat in your Nur revving the engine, I don't think I'd be thinking about the ZZ2 any more.....:D :smokin:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Bean, dan0h,

Thank you for supporting my never ending desire for Japanese cars :p

When I was driving home from work yesterday in my Nur, somehow I was extremely happy and excited, don't get me wrong, I have been very happy and excited everytime I drive the Nur, but yesterday I was having EXTRA emotion. I just feel SO lucky to be able to own this dream car of mine in the U.S. :D

The Nur is my all time dream car, the ZZ2 is the dream car that can't be obtain. It is basically a Japanese Mclaren F1..........I only wish I get to sit in one in my life, don't seem too possible though :(

Jeff

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And you're lucky to own two R34 Vspec 2's
And one being a Nur!!
How do you get so lucky. Can I have a ride in it :D lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts