GTR Forum banner

Tommy Kaira GTR

2K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  matty32 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Looks different and a bit futuristic.

Maybe have to see it in flesh.

I never liked the Wald R35 on pictures, but at the TAS09 I saw it in flesh and loved it streght away.

The interior must be cool in red.

#10 ·
Front ends OK but the wheel-arch extensions, old skool GTR stylee (TM) or not don't work, nor the side skirts and wheels.

The wing isn't bad if you want a bigger wing. It would concern me bolting a kit to the R35 - Nissan apparently spent a lot of time in the wind tunnel with the car (hence low cd etc) have any of these kits had any development beyond styling?

The older GTRs aero was/is much worse (shown by the N1 mods for one) so I can conceive that aftermarket stuff could easily be as good as, if not better than, the stock items.

Wonder how much lighter the wheels are...

#12 ·
Basicly what I can't understand is why all these R35 bodykits come with simple, ugly wheel arch over fenders for the rear . . . you can get for 200$ hundreds of rear wide fenders (no simple arc) for RX7, Silvia , Skyline, Chaser ex . . . and they let the car look factory afterwards. Thought you need to mold them and repaint the body after . . . . but what the heck, for the price the R35 GTR parts go, that must be the last thing to worry.

Best kit is the GT1 R35 wide body from Nismo . . sadlynot for sale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.