GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the web site for my TK R33 coming into Hamburg 6/1. I am picking her up on 6/4 - can't wait! My first GTR... this one's here to stay.

However I need to leave on business trip few days later for 6 weeks! :mad:

I wonder how fast I can go autobahn before I get a ticket... how much do those tickets cost neway?

Pics of TK R33

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Graham - looks remarkably similar to me ...

Pics taken from my website :

Only difference APPEARS to be, Stuarts has a different bonnet and different rear lights. BUT, i don't know how many TK made in the same colour, with essentially the same bodykit.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I know Stuarts car has the bright red interior (you can see it on my pictures) ... just seemed a bit too close as I don't know how many of these TK made (anyone know ?). Could be the same car but in it's earlier days ? (i.e. before the bonnet, different rear lights, different interior, etc).

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Daz said:
That TK 33 looks EXACTLY the same as Stuarts from "Skylines R Us". Didn't know TK made 2 of those ....
Yea, Tommy only made one of each color car?????

Chiyosuke, that car looks great. She must have landed by now, how about some pictures...then of course I need the update on any registration problems you had!

Sweet ride!

Daz, dont be such a non believer...I guess you'll believe when you see the german tags on it???

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
PSD1 .... I was led to believe that TK made a 1-off, special R33 GTR .. like no other that he'd made before. This is the car I posted pictures up of. Therefore, I was a bit surprised when I saw photo's of another that looked almost identical.

If i've been given misleading information, then so be it ... All I ever said was that I didn't know TK made more than 1 ... if that is the case then great.

Jeez.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Finally, I picked up the car from Hamburg and drove it all the way to my house... 7.5 hour trip for 700 KM and took two fill ups on the way. Interior is immaculate but completely standard GTR stuff including original factory tape player!!! :eek:

Well, it does have TK steering wheel, Nismo gauges, TK seats, and TK knob. However, exterior condition was less than what I expected... :(

It has minor scratches all over and paint cracks on the front bumper, some trims damaged and need replacement. Nothing that will show up any photos or casual inspection but shows up when closely inspected. One rim was dinged up in one spot. Overall, I definitely think repaint or at least touch up paint is in order.

Engine ran fine and everything seemed to be in order. Rear wiper sucked but the exporter sent me a brand new wiper (nice guy :) ) in separate shipment so I replaced it. Only problem was breaks squealing really bad... I think rear brake pads need to be replaced. It had a set of brembos all around which I didn't know it came with. Did stock 96 R33 V-specs have brembos or is this a TK mod? :confused:

I'm looking at other people's cars and auctions and I can't help but think I paid too much for it. I paid around 3,600,000 Yen (excluding shipping fees, including Japanese taxes if there were any, and excluding any German import taxes) for it which is really high price for R33. Only saving grace is it only had 23,000 Km, clean interior, clean engine and TK name. Although I don't think exporter ripped me off, I would like to know from other people's experiences to see if I paid too much for this one.

I will post pics later on.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I dont think youve been ripped of 3.600.000 is £17K for that you got a 96GTR with very low Ks plus its a Limited Edition :D

You always pay a bit extra for Limtieds ;)

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Cant wait for the pics...Does the car perform like you expected? Just how fast is it? What other fast cars have you owned?

I am looking at a GOO magazine (autotrader in Japan) and there is a white TK R33, same wheels, same tail & body kit (I think, it's a small pic) with 34000KM's and they are asking Y3,870,000. Unfortunately I cant read Kanji to tell you all the details... but I dont think you did bad at all looking at this car!

What really matters is that you are happy! Enjoy your trip to the states, & I need to know of any problems you had/have registering it! Oh yea, please give us the full ride report with the pictures!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the replies. Check the below link for updated pictures.

New pictures

My old car, 2002 Mini Cooper S, was a fast car (especially around curves) but nothing like GTR with turbo spooling and I had my first power slide going uphill... :smokin:

The car just need a little sorting out and I think it will be fine. My first project is repaint and reconditioning of rims. After that, real stereo, some gauges, carbon interior trim. I will post pictures of work in progress.

Psd1, I had no problem with German customs (well, they never seen GTR before so they were kind of confused) but I am currently on temp plates. I am going for safety inspection on Monday but it probably won't pass due to the fact the rear brake pads are almost non-existent. Otherwise registering GTR in Germany is painless.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Looks real good! 170... :eek: Sweet!

From what I can see Brembos were standard on the R 33 GT-R's.

See ya!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts