GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can anyone help? has anyone got a wireing diagram for a tommy kaira electronic speedo for 1998 r34 gtt. or know anything bout these, nissan hav told me its not sending a signal to the speedo sensor so the car thinks its not moving wen it is making the hicas+slip check engine lights to come on. they said they can fix it if they hav diagram. help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bawling:

·
Registered
754 Posts
I would think the speed signal wire will be in the same pin out on the multi plug as any other GTT as i don't think the tommy kaira would have a special harness. All you will need is a CK-UN-09 speed control unit wiring diagram from import solutions to find which the pin out is at the back of the speedo head

·
Registered
754 Posts
Locate the lefthand, brown 20 pin plug and on the left hand row, 2nd from bottom, Orange wire that should be the speed sensor wire

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
speedo probs

hi scoobster, thanks for ya help mate is there a website for import solutions or a phone number and ill try get hold of the diagram. cheers.:bowdown1:

·
Registered
754 Posts
www.importsolutions.co.uk give them a call ask for Steve he should be able to fax you a copy. I take it your speedo has been converted to read in MPH? if so it could be the speed conversion unit that's at fault as it sits in-line on the speed sensor wire and changes the signal to read in MPH

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
speedo probs

ok yes its been converted ill give them a ring on monday and see wot they can do. thanks for all the help scoobster your an absolute star mate. ill post findings on the forum when its fixed thanks again.:clap:

·
Registered
754 Posts
First thing i would do is remove the speed conversion chip (should look like a small black box with 4 wires 1+ 1- and 2 in-line with the speed signal) and return to standard and if the speedo starts to work again then it's your conversion chip

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have one of these.

Any idea if it can be fitted?

And will the digital speedo work if you simply hook it up to the existing speedo wire in the car?

Finally, do the shift up and max torque lights work properly?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts