GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I get my car back from Abbey - 3 months and 8 days since I last saw/drove it, one engine rebuild avec N1 parts later. Can barely contain my excitement...

Might get a few pictures to capture the moment, since I've had a few little styling bits done too.... :D

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Now I can't wait to see the 400R splitter, as you've mentioned it

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Nice one Durzel mate - be sure to get some pics up ASAP !

Say 'ello to all the guys at Abbey for us !

Daz

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Good luck Durzel .. I hope its everything you expect :)

My legs are all a quiver at the thought of 400R bits ... I NEED pictures ... :D

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not long got back in. :)

Bizarrely last night was the first time I can remember where I've actually been unable to sleep properly. I don't get like that at Christmas at all. :D

Got her back, pictures to follow sometime next week hopefully (got to nick a camera off my mate :)).

Thanks to Mark and Tony for being so hospitable at Abbey. Mark even took time out to run through their new dyno system with me. Very impressive :)

Only bad point was that I forgot to shake Mark and Tonys hands - it completely slipped my mind when I was there. I'm not normally one to "big up" garages but Abbey have really restored my faith in humanity lately!

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Nice one mate - glad you are happy with everything again. It must be extremely pleasing being re-united with the car after this length of time.

The dyno is wicked isn't it ! I had the pleasure of being run through everything at Trax - and although most of it goes straight over my head, it's still all bloody interesting.

Enjoy the car mate - drive safely !

Daz

·
Registered
997 Posts
Blue Le Mans

Look after her Darren,treat her gently and enjoy.

Henry.

ps.I was going to pinch your rear carbon spoiler but I`ve found one and it should be with me in early December.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the words of support! :D

I've been driving it around loads since I got it back... need to run it in for another 750+ miles :(

B

·
0 Posts
750 miles for what nos a swap by any chance i know you don't got a swap right if so what engine (n1)?

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"Ok"

Its had an engine rebuild, so needs running in. Hence, 750 miles or so given I've already done over 250.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts