GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for only ¥ 2,980 ! .. Check out

http://www.hlj.com/cgi-local/hljpage.cgi?TOM52223

These are probably the smallest production R/C cars in the world. The car itself is 7 cm long. The electric motor is 1.5 cm long! The built in battery can power the car for 2 minutes at maximum speed.

Recharging is accomplished by aligning contacts on the side of the transmitter with those on the bottom of the car. Hold it there for 45 seconds and you are ready to race! Set includes medium soft tires, motor, transmitter. Requires 2 LR6 (AA) size batteries for the transmitter/recharger.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Go on then, order a batch! I reckon I could afford to keep the Ferrari AND fork out £18 for one of those! Watch out though, the words "cement and paint needed" could put off those with overly large butter-fingers...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mini micro cars

I ordered one ... so we'll see if it's fun or not in about a month :)

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
boys small toys

Which one? I did a recce in Hamleys last night (just up the road from my office) and they had both types. The Tomy (£12!) was basically a very cheap and nasty toy. The remote is of the two button on/off type, ie no control of speed or steering angle. Hamleys didn't have the Skyline version.
However the Kyosho ones are awesome! Proper digital proportional and full size radio control, very well made bodyshell and perfectly controllable. The guy demonstrated it on a glass counter top less than three feet across and managed reverse spins, three point turns etc!
BUT, they only have Viper GTS, Audi Tittie and Porsche GT3. The R34 bodyshell may arrive mid August. Also, they cost £120! plus £15 for the Skyline bodyshell! plus obviously you need the upgrade coil -over-shock rear suspension, blah, blah, blah. Considering you could buy a meaty-looking 1/10th scale Calsonic GT car for £79, this looks like poor value. However as a miniature piece of engineering, and if a few of us bought them to race, it could be fun!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheap and Nasty

That's me :)

The Kyosho car is definitly nicer, but is (as you say) £86.00 from the Jap place +shipping and VAT prolly makes £120.00.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Model R34 GT-R VSPEC

Hiya guys,

I just brought a model R34 (Bayside blue) in Hong Kong and the detail is incredibly accurate.

The box says:

AUTOart
Performance

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34

The scale is 1:18 and it really is a thing of beauty. I am sure someone sells them on the Net but I am in China at the moment and the Internet access kinda sucks.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It arrived!

Well that took only about 4 months .. but I now have a 7cm blue R34 and it's really fun .. it has full steering as well as forward/reverse unlike the models in Hamleys.

I'll post some pics later

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Guys...those Kyosho Mini-Z cars are incredible. I tried them at a yosh demo stand in June at Tsukuba circuit, and they were loads of fun. I had a go with the old KPGC10 racing Skyline from the 70s and that this went round the track with no understeer and a bit of oversteer on the exits. It takes about 10 minutes to get the hang of them...as they are quite sensitive, but loads of fun.
They also sell tune up bits which allow you to turn your car into a fully adjustable carbon/aluminium racing machine with loads of choices for engines as well...which only cost 400 yen or so.

The little 7cm cars are really funny, but when I had a go they alwas seem to run for about 5 seconds....but they are damn fast!!

If anyone is really intersted in the Kyoshos...I can do a group buy or something.:)

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Mini Z F1.

I couldn't resist any more and bought one of the new F1 Mini Zs. It is absolutely incredible, the detail is superb and is good as a stand alone model let alone an RC car. It's really quick and is supposed to last for an hour on a new set of cells. I've bought a set of 700 mah Nimhs for it so it should do that easily. I've also modded it with a ball diff, X Speed racer motor, hi grip tyres and a bearing set.

Just ordered a Jordan Honda for a bit of racing with my son. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
961 Posts
this is my little toy (the yellow one)
it does 50+
4wd
light weght fly wheel
carbon fiber brack pad
and uprated suss :D

Attachments

·
Registered
961 Posts
tunder tiger

but with a hpi shell
well spotted !
heres jamies rc 34
and the real 34

Attachments

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The kyosho Mini-z is £80 here: http://www.hlj.com/cgi-local/hljpage.cgi?KSH30134SR

Admitted they dont have the skline shell but you could buy that back in the UK. If everyone orders one we could haggle for a bit of a discount....

This is juts one step closer to me getting the real thing..... :)
Im only about £30,000 short on the list price of an R34 M.Spec so far!!!

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
The Bayside Blue :) buggy and 959 both have engines which put out 2.1 bhp with 25% nitro (not dynoed) or 600bhp/lt.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
R/C Cars

You bunch of babies playing with all those toys ....:rolleyes: .

I used to race R/C cars years ago at Crystal Palace Park in South London.It had a fantastic outdoor track and was excellent fun . It also is very educational for it teaches you all about racinf lines ,suspension setups,etc..After the Autosport show ,and seeing all those R/C cars I have decided to get back into it .I got all my 9 or 10 cars out of the loft and into the garage so I could fix them all up and start practicing .Much harder than I thought !I will be selling some so if anyone is intrested PM and I'll supply details!(Oops,hope Joss doesn't see this :) )

Any way on friday I went to an indoor racing club to see what things are like now and was most impressed !They were running 1/10 electric touring cars with 4 wheel drive.There even was 2 Skylines there.The spped and grip of these cars on the carpet had to be seen to be believed ! I think in the next few weeks I will join but I need to buy a new car and loads of gear . On wednesday I am going to the Southend Racing Club meet to see what that is like .Should be good .If anyone wants to tag along let me know ! It's on the A127 about 10 miles away from Southend !

PeterE. Find a club near you join and race.You will not believe how much fun you will have,and how expesive it can be.It might even teach you some nice new smooth racing lines. LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts