GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
28 Days Later.

Those that haven't seen it, do yourself a favour and watch it - and if you have seen it then watch it again by gum!

Incedentally, the music at the start (London Scene) is called 'East Hastings' by Godspeed You Black Emperor, and is one of the best tracks in the film. It doesn't appear on the Soundtrack as the band are Anarchists and refuse to commercialize their music. They gave permission for Danny Boyle to use the East Hastings track as they loved the film and director.

Go on - get your dose of post apocalyptic fun tonight but remember - they are NOT zombies.

Cool.

·
Registered
716 Posts
It's crap. Beginning is brilliant but then just tails off and gets boring. Manchester burning is always worth seeing though! Check out Hills Have Eyes, original and remake are quality.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
1st time i've seen this... Very good, i like the story & the direction.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Absolutly rubbish film, I looked forward to it on its initial release and was bitterly disapointed when I went to see it ... watching it again did nothing to remove that disapointment.

I do not understand what people find so "great" about this film, could you please explain to me what is so "great" about this film!!

Dog Soldiers was a comedy and it was better than this crap.

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
Dog soldiers was fantastic ,Neil Marshall has a bloody good idea of just the right amount of everyhing to get the right flavour of the film .The Descent is also good (but not as good as Dog Soldiers) 28 days later was ok'ish I think ,although they ripped off DAY OF THE DEAD big time .

·
Registered
143 Posts
I thought this film was excellent, saw it at pics and just recorded onto HD from last night. It did suffer a few weak points as many a film does (ie "they are infected with RAGE"), but it more than made up for them.

As for whats so good about it, mainly too many to go into but for instance the sequences when he wakes up and London is empty.

However, films are art, and not everyone sees art in the same way.

Dog Soldiers, what a great film. Don't agree with "is a comedy". It just doesn't take itself seriously thats all.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
ProjectBlue said:
As for whats so good about it, mainly too many to go into but for instance the sequences when he wakes up and London is empty.

However, films are art, and not everyone sees art in the same way.

Well as you say not everybody sees art in the sameway and certainly I dont concur that a good location is the be all and end all of a film ... personally I like a film with content and good acting of which this film really lacked.

Perhaps for people who are used to seeing London as a busteling metropolis then seeing it devoid of life must have had a bit more impact, to me it just looked like the same old dirty place just with no people :)

I agree that the scenes in london are grand in scale, but its not enough to lift this film above any other low budget zombie movie.

I think familiarisation with locations may be swaying peoples views on the actual film ... take that away and you aint left with anything special :(

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Crail Loser said:

I agree that the scenes in london are grand in scale, but its not enough to lift this film above any other low budget zombie movie.

(
Yeah but low budget Zombie movies fecking rock!
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
Night of the Living Dead.
Zombie Flesh Eaters.
Return of the living Dead.

Oh and its not a zombie movie, there are no zombies in it. Zombies can't run.
Get with the program man !! ;);)

Fair enough if you don't like it mate, to each their own:)

I loved it.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
I love Bad taste, not really a Zombie film but a class and very, very funny low budget NZ Alien invasion film.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts