GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after the second Gulf war Tony Blair was telling us that Iraq was a safer place now that Saddam was gone.
Tonight on the news we hear that Irag is on the verge of civil war.
Well done Mr Blair, as my Prime Minister im disgusted with you.
Him and Bush have alot to answer for.
Dont get me wrong, i had no time for Saddam either but what sort of mess is this going to get our country and our troops in.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Sadam was quite a stable dictator.

The sooner they start scrapping btween them self's the quicker we should leave.

We should have left Sadam in.

Nigel

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree! It's turned into a right mess, but thats what happens when politicians haven't got a clue, and neither have the yanks!! Nothing new there then eh'!!;)

But, don't forget there is another side to the unrest. And you should be asking who!! Yep, the Iranians. And why?? Yep, oil!!!!
When Sadam was removed, it left the gate open for all the baddies to come back in who Sadam booted out!! FACT!!!!

You will never win when it comes to religion. After all, what is the biggest cause of all the major wars in history 1 way or another???

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Yeah but you forget who started all this............... The British! Don't you just love the Old Empire days. ;)

When we were marching around the world carving up the geography to suit our own needs we got into a right mess in the "middle east" - we even coined that name :rolleyes: which, when you think about it, is a ridiculous title anyway. I digress.:D

We gave Saudi Arabia to a bunch of mates that hepled us (incidently the only country to be named after a ruling family). We gave the bit on the east to our favourit Shah (a distnat relative of the British royal family;) ) and so it went on. Then we were left with 13 provinces which could not agree with each other. So, we put them together on the theory that if they were too busy fighting each other internally, they would be too busy to fight us! :confused: Incidentally, the 13th province was Kuwait which was later annexed for "political reasons" - not oil related at all! :rolleyes:

So there you have it. Blaire may have been a complete numpty for getting us into this mess. But he's in a long line of complete idiots really. :( :(

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Alan said:
Is that from memory at school John or did you read it in a book
The perils of a "good" education and a history teacher who believed history was about mistakes and learning from them, not dates and Kings & Queens.

·
Registered
505 Posts
tony blair is just the front man,they guy that gets the blame!

yep its the goverments fault but it aint just him,people tel him what to do

sadam ran that place,,he wasnt a poblem in my eyes anyway

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fuggles said:
So there you have it. Blaire may have been a complete numpty for getting us into this mess. But he's in a long line of complete idiots really. :( :(
That cheered me up no end.:)
How many times do our Polititions have to make these mistakes over and over again.
My Grandfather as a boy grew up in Southern Ireland between 1910 -20`s and witnessed the way the British troops abussed the locals. So he wasn`t at all impressed when i went to N.Ireland in the 80`s with the army.
Home defence is one thing, but how many of our troops are going to die this mess is sorted out.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
160sr said:
tony blair is just the front man,they guy that gets the blame!

yep its the goverments fault but it aint just him,people tel him what to do
But i thought he was able to think for himself:D
I thought Bush was the one without the brain.

·
Registered
505 Posts
get our guys out and let them blow each other up,,why should we get involved?

@ hodgie,,,none of them have brains,if iraq was a safer place now like he says it is,,let him go walk though the streets my best mate is going to be walking down soon at 19 year old

·
Registered
143 Posts
Don't forget who put Saddam there and who supplied him with the equipment to use on his own people :(

At the end of the Gulf War we were ready to take Saddam. The US military and spooks on the ground were ready, but there was just one problem. The US administration didn't like either of the two candidates for replacing him (I wonder why? :rolleyes: )

So they pulled the plug. Left 1000's of rebels and their two leaders in the lurch, and pulled back until such a time as they could pull some strings and get it set so they would have control - as if.

I cannot believe that a prime minister of this country has bungled every crisis we have faced, led us into a war that the bigger percentage of the population didn't want, to fling billions of pounds into getting innocent people killed and is still in power! :mad:

Take the p*ss out of the French all you like but they wouldn't have stood for this and Mitterand knew it. Thats why he refused, at least he had the b*lls too.

and... breathe

·
Registered
710 Posts
ProjectBlue said:
Don't forget who put Saddam there and who supplied him with the equipment to use on his own people :(

At the end of the Gulf War we were ready to take Saddam. The US military and spooks on the ground were ready, but there was just one problem. The US administration didn't like either of the two candidates for replacing him (I wonder why? :rolleyes: )

So they pulled the plug. Left 1000's of rebels and their two leaders in the lurch, and pulled back until such a time as they could pull some strings and get it set so they would have control - as if.

I cannot believe that a prime minister of this country has bungled every crisis we have faced, led us into a war that the bigger percentage of the population didn't want, to fling billions of pounds into getting innocent people killed and is still in power! :mad:

Take the p*ss out of the French all you like but they wouldn't have stood for this and Mitterand knew it. Thats why he refused, at least he had the b*lls too.

and... breathe
I can't believe that we (as an electorate) voted the man back in knowing full well that he had deliberately lied to the population on several serious matters. Presumably it will happen again in a few years time. Perhaps nobody really cares any more:confused:

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
The whole saga is an absolute joke. How many more Brittish soldiers have to die for this idiotic lost cause???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts