GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys I dont have much experience with RB26 being from the states so Im hoping my English speaking cousins from across the pond might be able to help me out. lol

Im coming from a single turbo 2J(GTX3582R) car over to my R32 Skyline. Ive been doing my research on turbo selection and Its hard to decifer the BS("I think" or "it should be") from the facts. Also a lot of different factors to consider will change the outcome.

After watching Motive's Single vs Twin video Ive pretty much decided on single. I like single turbo setups and working on the twins just sucks!

My choices are between GTX3076R or the GTX3582R. Then we got t3 or t4 and divided or undivided. Then to add even more options we have the A/R.
Thats 18 different combinations to choose from!!!

GTX3076R T3
.63 Undivided
.78 Undivided & Divided
1.06 Undivided & Divided

GTX3076R T4
.63 Undivided
.82 Undivided
1.06 Undivided

GTX3582R T3
.78 T3 Undivided & Divided
.82 T3 Undivided & Divided
1.06 T3 Undivided & Divided

GTX3582R T4
.63 Undivided
.82 Undivided
1.06 Undivided & Divided

I realize the GTX3076R is smaller than what most would consider. But I used a GTX3582R 1.06 Divided T4 on my 2JZ and though the lag wasnt bad I would like my Skyline to be a little more responsive.

So Im thinking a higher flowing(t4 big a/r) 3076 or lower flowing(t3 low a/r) 3582 might be the way to go?? If that makes any sense. But keep in mind I dont want to much back pressure and extra stress on the engine.

I will be using 91 octane pump gas. At around 20ish psi. I would like to run higher but California pump gas is terrible. And Im hoping to get around 330kw-370kw to the wheels. I will never be using race gas or E85, so I will probably never see anything over 20-22psi.

I think I should cross off all the 3076 T3 turbos along with the 3582 T4 turbos. Is that a good place to start?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Subscribed, good questions. I watched the video too and feel like it swayed me to eventually go single after sending mine back to the states. I heard that EPA regulations could cause a problem if you try to import one with a heavily modified engine (twin > single for instance).

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I would defiantly go t4 devided housing/manifold, a rb26 will not spool a turbo aswell as a 2jz so if you want more response than the gtx35 on your 2jz I would go for a borgwarner efr8374 or precision 6266 gen 2.

As your in America your best person to contact will be Geoff at full-race he has plenty of data of turbos on rb26 specially efr8374.

Dan

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
As your in America your best person to contact will be Geoff at full-race he has plenty of data of turbos on rb26 specially efr8374.
Agreed!!

TT

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I would love to get a hold of a EFR BW turbo. But I have a really good source for Garrett turbos here so Im kind of stuck with them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gtx35 are still good turbos, rk tuning r32 track car makes around 700bhp on a gtx3582
So in that case it seems the 3582 is a bit big for me. Ill never be pushing that kind of power so it seems like Im sacrificing lag for power Ill never see. Im guessing they are running a T4 with the 1.06 a/r?

I wonder how a 3582 T3 with the .82 would be for me?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
So in that case it seems the 3582 is a bit big for me. Ill never be pushing that kind of power so it seems like Im sacrificing lag for power Ill never see. Im guessing they are running a T4 with the 1.06 a/r?

I wonder how a 3582 T3 with the .82 would be for me?

It's t4 devided .82 I think? What power you aiming for

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's t4 devided .82 I think? What power you aiming for
Well I would like to have around 450ish wheel HP with minimal lag. However Im using crappy 91 octane in California so Im limited to 18-20 psi. There is 1 e85 station in my area but its not ideal and race gas is not an option. So I doubt I will ever see more boost than that.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Well I would like to have around 450ish wheel HP with minimal lag. However Im using crappy 91 octane in California so Im limited to 18-20 psi. There is 1 e85 station in my area but its not ideal and race gas is not an option. So I doubt I will ever see more boost than that.
What management you running? You could run flex fuel and mix ethanol/methanol with your fuel?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What management you running? You could run flex fuel and mix ethanol/methanol with your fuel?
Most likely Ill be using Power FC my buddy in Japan can get them used for dirt cheap. And its my daily driver that I use to take my 2 daughters to school every morning. Thats why I dont want to get crazy with the fuel. I wouldnt mind running e85 but the extra cost of everything I need to run e85 is just too much. Plus we only have one e85 pump thats a bit out of my way.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wont be for a while unfortunately. Waiting on a few bits. Im looking forward to finding out what its capable of.
Whats up with this? When you compare the stats from Garrett they say the 3576 makes less power than the 3076. Typo or something?

Products | Turbochargers
GTX3076R
Horsepower : 360 - 640
Displacement : 1.8L - 3.0L

Products | Turbochargers
GTX3576R
Horsepower : 400 - 600
Displacement : 2.0L - 4.5L

·
Registered
92 Posts
The guys who built mine (turbolab of america) rate this one up to 700. I couldnt see it making that though. Ill be happy with 500-550 atw. I dont know why garrett rate the 30 more powerful than the 35. Could possibly be a typo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts