GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first Skyline:shy: Its a 1999 R34 GTT and once I saw it I couldnt help myself. However, I think judging by the average age of the posters on this site, I may be having a mid life "wanna be younger" crisis!

Actually not so bad, but at 41:GrowUp: I just sold my beamer which was a bit long in the tooth, and bought this car. Then I told the wife:eek: But, is it a young persons car? Most guys at work ive told told me was I mad, or a trainee gangster! I have yet to have the car delivered (this Sat) and so not experienced the full Skyline experience(ie speeding ticket!). But, should I have bought that 98'M3? I dont live in the UK anymore, so am not bothered about conforming, but will I be driving it when im 50?:wavey:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Just like you said some people would say... mid-life crisis :chuckle:
I say, see the bright side, cheaper car insurance! :D

Just noticed, that's true about the "wannabe gangster" thing, noticed in a few HK movies, gangsters often have a Skyline lol

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
.... 41 .... 44 .... ha, you are all youngsters :chuckle:

Who cares what age you are, my wife calls the Skyline my "mid life crisis" :)

Yep, I totally agree with her :chuckle:

·
Registered
17 Posts
bloody hell mate . I am 52 and i would buy a skyline tomorrow if i could find the right one for me:smokin:
Just remember this; Growing old is compulsory but growing up is a matter of choice:chuckle:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I am same age as toymad and I don't think I'm too old, but then I don't give a toss what anyone thinks !
Of course, I am also accused of the midlife crisis scenario. And it's probably fair comment.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Bought my R33 over 9 years ago when I was only 47.
I fancied a more 'normal' car after years of customising a De Tomaso Pantera & Longchamp, and a Jaguar XJ-S.
The GTR is the only car I've not butchered.

You're as old as the type of car you drive :smokin:

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
However, I think judging by the average age of the posters on this site, I may be having a mid life "wanna be younger" crisis!
You`ll be glad to hear that not all the posters are owners.
From the people i know with Skylines i think your fairly average age, and like someone else has already said, cheaper car insurance:smokin:

·
Registered
326 Posts
I bought my 32 GT-R from a guy aged around 67 or so, he had to sell it as he couldn't get in and out properly, some old war wound. Got himself a Subaru instead.

Funny how the male mid-life crisis starts around 30 and never ends! :D I guess mine just started then.. Looking forward to it continuing if that's the only excuse I need to own the 32 :)

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
All Praise the RS200.. :bowdown1:

I reckon the right age to stop driving a high performance vehicle, is when your doctor tells you to..

Luckily old people become naturally scared of such machinery..

When your senses [or your back!] start to fail, it's time to give up.

I'm not looking forward to that day.. Thankfully it's still a long time coming! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.