GTR Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
If all the above frees up the police force to fight real crime, real issues, then I say, bring it on!

Great clip that Ben watched lots in the lead up to my cars arrival!

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
So my question is why are WE letting it happen???

I just do not understand the mentality of US the British as we let the plutocratic idiots over rule any modicum of common sense and ban this and ban that and tell us its all done for “our” own good! FFS, why doesn’t the great British public revolt against this observe behaviour instead of being a bloody doormat all the time!!!

The roads around where I live (a small country village) haven’t changed in years in fact if anything the road surface material has probably got better, we have cars with ABS, traction control, better tyres and lights etc etc etc and still the road “speed” limit had been dropped from 60, to 50 to 40 and in some places 30mph WHY ?? Cos people are not taught how to drive only how to pass a test!

The do gooders will kill us all from being too safe!!! Like the kids of today don’t go and eat worms and play in the dirt, and now look at them asthma, asburges, ADHD etc (OK may be a little extreme) but I think you all know where I am coming from ! Anyway back to TG and yes, what a flippin rip off !! But oh so very true and as we know, I guess our cars are some of the ones responsible for all this “electronic wizardry” which is going to kick us in the arse in later years with all the GPS and recording data.

I have said to my 23 year old nephew on many occasions “we had the glory days of motoring” because all he has to look forward to are Speed cameras, speed traps, slow here, slow there, in fact it makes you want to give up the car. ……………………………………NEVER!!!!! More power please!!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Wow you guys can really go off on one can't you!!!

I think you'll find that tracking a civilian's location has already been tested in the European courts as a violation of human rights, so it's not going to happen to our cars, at least certainly not the way you are talking about here!

However I do agree with competancy tests for drivers, as the closest thing we've got to that at the moment is our bonkers insurance 'no claims bonus' system, - supposed to indicate if you're a careful driver but actually penalising you on how many times your car has been stolen or bumped by others who fled the scene!

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Yeah, it's called PASSION !! Passion for cars, speed, safety, and a passionate hatered of the nanny state!

Bloody Nissan have actually developed an “intelligent pedal” as part of a new safety system that pushes the accelerator pedal up if the car enters a corner too fast!!! The navigation cooperative intelligent pedal uses GPS to read the road ahead!! LOL

Hey my GPS couldn’t keep up with my speed at Bruntingthorpe on Sunday, so I hope they never put that “modern technology” into a GTR or we’ll all be doomed LOL

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Wow you guys can really go off on one can't you!!!

I think you'll find that tracking a civilian's location has already been tested in the European courts as a violation of human rights, so it's not going to happen to our cars, at least certainly not the way you are talking about here!

However I do agree with competancy tests for drivers, as the closest thing we've got to that at the moment is our bonkers insurance 'no claims bonus' system, - supposed to indicate if you're a careful driver but actually penalising you on how many times your car has been stolen or bumped by others who fled the scene!
It already is. Intelligent Speed adaptation is currently being tested by various authorities through out Europe.

UK tests 'Intelligent Speed Adaptation' tech that automatically regulates vehicle speeds — Autoblog

Speed limiters that adapt to the limit of a particular road are seen as one of the main benefits to society of the Galileo satellite system.

You then have the EU's intelligent roads project currently being tested. It is proposed that every car in Europe will emit a pulse that can be read by road side beacons similar to the mobile phone network. Knowing the location of every car again on the road is seen as another benefit to society

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yes, lots of tests for government vehicles, busses taxis etc in central London. We've still a long way to go to see these fitted and operated as compulsory on Privately owned vehicles. There's plenty of test legislation that confirms that it is the right of the individual to have his or her exact whereabouts completely private - hence the removal of peoples faces from the google street photos only recently.

Anyway - Nice review of the 2010 US GTR on that link posted above. I assume that this is mostly identical to the UK 2009 spec from the report?

Review: 2010 Nissan GT-R - Does Godzilla Have A Soul? — Autoblog

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Well, they obviously liked the music and the mood it induces.

PS Nice review, Kamae.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Yes, lots of tests for government vehicles, busses taxis etc in central London. We've still a long way to go to see these fitted and operated as compulsory on Privately owned vehicles. There's plenty of test legislation that confirms that it is the right of the individual to have his or her exact whereabouts completely private - hence the removal of peoples faces from the google street photos only recently.
Hate to burst your bubble, but the fleet of GPS speed controlled Skodas cruising the south east of England for the last couple of years have been neither taxis nor buses. And the project has been lead by non other than safety Nazi Max Mosely.

The completely inevitable chain of events will be as follows:

1) Country gets swamped by next gen SPECS cameras on the pretence of safety and saving the planet.
2) So many, i.e. EVERY SINGLE driver gets caught and fined that there is a national revolt
3) Govt says, ok, if you don't want to be fined, how about we help everybody by mandating GPS speed limiters
4) Everybody reluctantly accepts it is "for the best" and spends the rest of their lives unable to speed

The technology is there (I repeat, look at the GT-R in Japan!), the political will is there (although there will be a massive drop in revenue I guess if nobody will ever get caught for speeding again), now it's just waiting for the timing to surreptitiously introduce it so the public accepts it as being the lesser of two evils...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts