GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
My LM20 will run circles around that in every way, power and handling hands down. Im going to be putting mine up for sale soon, so if anyone is looking for a mint Lm20 number 20/20 then give me shout.

Every way other than rarity and desirability......

Oh it’s a sales pitch sorry :). Good luck with sale - fabulous car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Top Gear are saying £175k official price.

We have that confirmed by NMGB.

£174,995 but that is on the road (I believe) so the initial first year £2k bend over tax included.

To be fair a £20k jump over current with Carbon Brakes, Roof, Bonnet, GT3 Fenders, new turbos and wheels plus new gearbox software etc isn’t too horrific (madly trying to justify this to myself haha).

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
They can keep it! It not even close to being worth £175k+.

When you think what it would cost to mod a 35 to the same power/equipment level its not worth the extra money to have a rare car imho.

Each to their own but I am not sure I agree. Williams F1 Carbon parr’s would cost you £50k alone.

Apples for Pears yes, you could tune a standard one - other than that pesky bonded body of course :)

It’s a matter of personal presence of course and that’s why the forum is a fun place. Me, I am trying to figure out how to get one and the PPS it Stealth Grey.

·
Vendor
6,193 Posts
Every way other than rarity and desirability......

Oh it’s a sales pitch sorry :). Good luck with sale - fabulous car.

I'll correct you there the lm20 is more rare, nismo is mass produced... Lol... Lm20 are only 20 officially and less than half the price 83k :chuckle:

·
Registered
24,957 Posts
Honestly couldn***8217;t give a rats ass about LM20

Just enjoy your car

A lot of people crap their pants about resale

Mostly due to the fact it***8217;s all on finance

(I***8217;m incl all gtr models 32 etc )

35s are all essentially the same

Just enjoy what you have

Are they good cars?

Maybe

Is it a v old platform with minimal update .. yes

Is it boring to drive daily in traffic ... yes

Would I pay nearly 200k for one .. no

Will others ... yes

·
Vendor
6,193 Posts
Honestly couldn’t give a rats ass about LM20

Just enjoy your car

A lot of people crap their pants about resale

Mostly due to the fact it’s all on finance

(I’m incl all gtr models 32 etc )

35s are all essentially the same

Just enjoy what you have

Are they good cars?

Maybe

Is it a v old platform with minimal update .. yes

Is it boring to drive daily in traffic ... yes

Would I pay nearly 200k for one .. no

Will others ... yes
That's because you probably ain't driven the lm20... Absolutely amazing set up.. Literally perfection... Power delivery, handling, braking and looks.. Every box ticked

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
That's because you probably ain't driven the lm20... Absolutely amazing set up.. Literally perfection... Power delivery, handling, braking and looks.. Every box ticked
So why Sell? Its its this good then surely anything else is going to miss the mark.

As for the NISMO. I would have one.

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,767 Posts
As good as an LM20 may well be it is never even going to come close to being what a Nismo is - Litchfield simply don't have the heritage that a proper Nismo badge carries.

That is not a sleight against either the LM20 or Litchfield it is just the simple facts.

if I had that kind on money to spend on cars I'd buy one.

·
Vendor
6,193 Posts
So why Sell? Its its this good then surely anything else is going to miss the mark.

As for the NISMO. I would have one.
Because I don't really get the time to use it how it should be used, i ain't even done a thousand miles in it in seven months of ownership.

·
Vendor
6,193 Posts
As good as an LM20 may well be it is never even going to come close to being what a Nismo is - Litchfield simply don't have the heritage that a proper Nismo badge carries.

That is not a sleight against either the LM20 or Litchfield it is just the simple facts.

If your simply buying a badge then your rite but if you know your cars capability then then the lm20 is a perfect combination of power and handling and pound for pound is much better money spent personally i think nismo looks over done and is well over rated and stupidly priced

·
Registered
2,072 Posts

Took the words out of my mouth.

If your simply buying a badge then your rite but if you know your cars capability then then the lm20 is a perfect combination of power and handling and pound for pound is much better money spent personally i think nismo looks over done and is well over rated and stupidly priced
Bro it’s more than a badge. It’s the engineering and I’m sorry I love the lm20 and it’s great value for money but the Nismo is the daddy end of. It’s more than just an hp figure.

·
Premium Member
5,767 Posts
Looks are subjective and price is merely what you can afford or choose to want to afford.

Have litchfield done an amazing job with the LM20? - yes.
Will it ever carry the same cache as a Nismo GTR? - no.

is one "better value" than the other? well that all depends on where you place you value. Everyone that currently has a nismo could have bought a LM20 - but they didn't.

There is a reason why the 400R still is worth much more than a standard R33 GTR, there is unique engineering and background gone into every Nismo GTR that adds it own value to the proposition. If that isn't worth the extra to you then fair enough.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
If I was in the market for a nismo then I would be looking at the 2 for sale.
2017 registered one with about 400 miles and in stealth grey is 114k and a 2019 with similar miles in white is 117k. That’s a 60k saving on the new model.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts