GTR Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Vendor
6,195 Posts
Took the words out of my mouth.

Bro it***8217;s more than a badge. It***8217;s the engineering and I***8217;m sorry I love the lm20 and it***8217;s great value for money but the Nismo is the daddy end of. It***8217;s more than just an hp figure.
Power wise the lm20 is quicker
Handling same if not better

Looks i agree is eye of the beholder

So could you please explain how the nismo is the daddy... Just because Nissan said so

·
Registered
126 Posts
explain how the nismo is the daddy... Just because Nissan said so
Anyone can buy the parts off the shelf and make their Datsun the same spec as a LM20. Can the same be done to make it the same spec as a Nismo?

Lots of extra chassis work done from the factory and the carbon body parts (Williams if I remember right?) are a small fortune and will have had extensive development behind them.

Maybe Litchfield can claim the same R&D has gone into their parts/aero but I'd doubt it. They'll never be on par with Nissan Motorsport.

·
Vendor
6,195 Posts
Anyone can buy the parts off the shelf and make their Datsun the same spec as a LM20. Can the same be done to make it the same spec as a Nismo?

Lots of extra chassis work done from the factory and the carbon body parts (Williams if I remember right?) are a small fortune and will have had extensive development behind them.

Maybe Litchfield can claim the same R&D has gone into their parts/aero but I'd doubt it. They'll never be on par with Nissan Motorsport.
You can buy a Trackpak which the body(seam welded) is the same as the nismo and the rest is stick on stuff... Nothing special about the nismo it's all hype, the lm20 was born on the Nurburgring Litchfields did soo much research and development before they launched the lm20... Look into its history... Don't be fooled its not just a pretty car

·
Registered
133 Posts
You can buy a Trackpak which the body(seam welded) is the same as the nismo and the rest is stick on stuff... Nothing special about the nismo it's all hype, the lm20 was born on the Nurburgring Litchfields did soo much research and development before they launched the lm20... Look into its history... Don't be fooled its not just a pretty car
Please drop me a PM when you’re ready to sell

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts

Ok, am starting to get a touch annoyed now as I understand you wanting to big up the car to sell and absolutely we all know Iain and the team exceptionally well but your points are factually incorrect.

Turbos
Williams F1 Wind Tunnel motorsport designed Carbon aero (£50,000 to buy and please don’t tell me any Chinese stuff can be mentioned in the same breath). Oh, and unless you own a Nismo, you can’t actually buy it.
Carbon Seats
Suspension
Wheels

etc etc etc.

It’s a manufacturer car not a tuner car. However good a tuner car is it never has even close to the R and D (and the product liability if nothing else) coverage of an multi billion $ OEM.

I am not, under any circumstance, suggesting the LM20 and all of Iain’s work absolutely isn’t top class but it’s simply untrue to compare them as you are.

PS I am totally biased and fully acknowledge that.

PPS It’s a Track Edition engineered by Nismo. Track Pack was a car from MY13 as I recall with odd blue seats and different wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Say it ain't so!!

My LM20 will run circles around that in every way, power and handling hands down. Im going to be putting mine up for sale soon, so if anyone is looking for a mint Lm20 number 20/20 then give me shout.

Why are you selling. You walked through fire to get it!!

·
Vendor
6,195 Posts
Why are you selling. You walked through fire to get it!!
Hi David hope you're enjoying yours, to be honest i hardly get a chance to use it and it seems a waste it parked up in the garage, i ain't even done a thousand miles in it in seven months of ownership.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Its called NISMO Tax for a reason, Sorry Litchfield Fans...

It***8217;s a manufacturer car not a tuner car. However good a tuner car is it never has even close to the R and D (and the product liability if nothing else) coverage of an multi billion $ OEM.
Exactly....

This is the same old story that has been going on and on over the past two decades and will still go on for many decades more to come.

I think it all started with the BCNR33. No matter how good the exotic gold Top Secret demo Drag R II was or the distinctive yellow Jun Hyper Lemon II is too, These ultimate performance vehicles were at the end of the day just not Nismo 400R's....The NISMO Factory rare and exclusive built stuff is just that little bit more desirable and modern day resale prices show this to be true!

Power and performance alone (no matter how good it is) does not add value or desirability over time to a true Nissan GT-R/Skyline GT-R enthusiast.

JM2PW!:nervous:

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
As an LM20 owner, I find myself on both sides of this discussion. The LM20 is a phenomenal car. Way better than stock, intoxicating power, massively grin inducing and amazing value. Could it beat a NISMO around a track? I would love to see the battle. Will it be more collectable or retain its value better than a NISMO? Nope. Why? Because anyone can take a stock car and make one..or their own version of one, so rarity is not assured. But that is only part of it. Yes, collectability comes rarity but also from legend. Bestest or fastest has nothing to do with it. The NISMO name holds a special place in enthusiasts heart and owning a piece of it is very special. That is why went people see a GTR they get excited when the see a NISMO they fall silent. If you want a collectable, buy the legend, the first or last of a series, vacuum pack it as stock and wait. If you want to have fun, choose your weapon. Mine is an LM20.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
I looked seriously at the LM20 at launch but always wanted a nismo so didn't go ahead, as time went by the LM20’s all sold and I started looking at Litchfields Track Edition, this looked a great car!
The trouble was both these cars would have made amazing purchases but they would not have been a nismo!
I set my heart on one day getting a nismo and I was very fortunate to be able to do that last year.
The nismo is a wonderful car the carbon is worth the extra money on its own! Anyone who is lucky enough to own one won’t be disappointed.
What will I get next? I think it may have a n in it!

·
Super Moderator
15,544 Posts
If I ever change my R35 it will be to a Nismo...if only they'd make one (just one ;) please!) in yellow...it'd already be mine!

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
As an LM20 owner, I find myself on both sides of this discussion. The LM20 is a phenomenal car. Way better than stock, intoxicating power, massively grin inducing and amazing value. Could it beat a NISMO around a track? I would love to see the battle. Will it be more collectable or retain its value better than a NISMO? Nope. Why? Because anyone can take a stock car and make one..or their own version of one, so rarity is not assured. But that is only part of it. Yes, collectability comes rarity but also from legend. Bestest or fastest has nothing to do with it. The NISMO name holds a special place in enthusiasts heart and owning a piece of it is very special. That is why went people see a GTR they get excited when the see a NISMO they fall silent. If you want a collectable, buy the legend, the first or last of a series, vacuum pack it as stock and wait. If you want to have fun, choose your weapon. Mine is an LM20.

Very sensible and measured thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
416 Posts
Have to agree here and I own an LM1 which I assume is better than an LM20 because I have even more performance + power. When I see a Nismo I know it's had more R&D and eventually will be held in higher esteem.

However I know my car will bring me more smiles when I drive it than a Nismo will but potentially a Nismo would bring more pride when I look at my collection in 10 years time?

I don't think they need to be compared to be honest, two sides of the same coin.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Did the 2017 Nismo ever set any track times that can be compared?

The 7.08 is the original Nismo with the N-attack package which is not entirely representative of what most people will have received.

As others have said the LM20 is a fantastic piece of work but I'd be shocked if it were anywhere near a Nismo on the track.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts