GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently there is a feature on a 400bhp Sunny....dont know if this is a GTiR or not!!!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Sunny days

Tigger,

I think it's 5th gear on channel 5 and it's Danny Fennel's R racing Vicky B Henderson in a Viper or summit.

Luke

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
From what i've read here and there, they put Danny Fennels GTI-R up against the latest V10 Viper....Danny in his motor (obviously) with "fanny" henderson in the viper..........

..........the GTI-R is victorious.

They are claiming it's the fastest GTI-R in europe on the 5th Gear website....i know it's had some serious tuning (rumoured to be around 400bhp - and i know nick w has been in it and is impressed), but to claim it's the quickest in europe is a bit OTT in my opinion....(Phil Cavannahs has a proven 404bhp without the 50bhp of nitrous...that'd give it a run for it's money, for example).

Anyway...that aside (as it's not an important issue), it'll be great to see a GTI-R showing what it's capable of in front of possibly LOADS of viewers :D

Lookin' forward to watchin' it.

Daz

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Viewers

Anyway...that aside (as it's not an important issue), it'll be great to see a GTI-R showing what it's capable of in front of possibly LOADS of viewers
Its on C5 - not that many viewers I think :D

Id love to watch it, but I dont even get C5:mad:

Im probably just jealous.

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
326 Posts
there are still people who can't like those in the welsh valleys and things, on mine the terrestrial c5 is shocking, i have to watch it through the satelite.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Not everyone

Nope,

Those of us living in the south east dont get it. Apparently the transmitters for it interfere with TV in France, so they cant broadcast here.

Could watch it on digital/sat, but I got rid of that when I realised I hardly watched it enough to warrent having it.

I live pretty much on the doorstep of Gatwick, so its not exactly like im in a small Welsh village :p

Theres isnt anything I can do about it though, and luckily most of the time im not missing much.

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I can't get it through the arial either - fortunately we have a couple of cable boxes in the house, so there'll be no stopping me...

Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Shame he let "fanny" henderson get a slight jump on him - he'd have done an even better job.

Show's what a 400bhp Pulsar can do though :D

Great stuff.

Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Don't worry ma'dear, it's repeated tomorrow evening at 7pm.

No excuses now !

Daz

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Me too!

Cheers Daz, just put the std wheels back on the car and came in at 8.30. Put telly on but too late. Will record tomorrow night.
Dave

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Not surprised you missed it - blink and it was over ! Well, actually it was about 3 or so minutes.

Gave a bit of detail about his car (with a few snaps outside, inside and of the engine bay). Gave some brief stats on the standard bit o'kit and then gave a basic idea of what's achievable.

Then raced it against a v10 Dodge viper driven by miss Henderson. Danny watched her and waited for her to launch before reacting and then he quite simply out dragged her.

Was very nice to see :cool:

Daz

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Godd fun!b Nice to see VB-H lost for words (for a few seconds anyway). Just a shame all the talk was about how much money he'd spent rather than what he did to it and how it made a difference.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Alot of styling work had been done by the previous owner (interior, respray, etc) - although i gather Danny spent a lot of cash taking that further, as well as paying for the complete engine "upgrade" (the car was running around 310bhp at 1.1bar with it's previous owner).

Like you say, it was a shame they concentrated so much on how much he'd spent rather than what has actually been achieved and how you set about turning a standard motor into something like that, as most motorists out there don't realise how much effort goes into it.

It would have been nice if they'd had a standard example there to show what he'd changed. Even as an owner, it came across to me like it taken a standard Sunny and turned it into that, instead of showing how mental they are in the first place (at least they did give some basic specs on the standard car). Maybe i'm asking a bit too much ?!?

Still, we got to see the bit we wanted (it beating the V10 monster)...so, as previously stated, i'm happy, and i'm sure Danny is too :D

Cheers,
Daz

1 - 20 of 21 Posts