GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Bayside Blue R34 used on Top Gear on Sunday night was involved in a big crash at Faygate,Horsham West Sussex yesterday late afternoon.

Several cars were involved and I believe some of the people were hurt.The Skyline was a total lost in my opinion with very heavy frontal damage.

Henry

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
bugger

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Hope everyone is OK.

How did you come to find this out???

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It`s True

My brother-in-law phoned me. He drove past the accident just after it happened and saw the Bayside Blue Skyline.

It is also on my way home,so I got there 40 minutes after it happened.I stopped and looked at the R34 which had been picked up and put on a flat-bed recovery truck.

I phoned Mark & Tony at Abbey and Gary at GT-ART to see if it was one of their customers cars.This drew a negative from both the local Garages and I joked "maybe its the Top Gear R34 on its way back to Middlehurst"?

I`ve kept quiet for 24 hours to make sure it was.

Obviously its not funny.

Henry

:( :( :( :(

·
Registered
515 Posts
I hope it wasn't

due to the brake discs exploding?

In all seriousness though I hope no-one was killed or injured in this. Another Skyline off the roads is bad news. Terrible news if deaths are concerned!

James

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Hi,

That's very bad news. :(
Which R34 are you talking about? Is it the one in the studio, or the one that fat man was driving?
Both cars were different, as I saw the one in the studio at Middlehurst on Saturday.

Hope nobody was injured.

Thanks,
-Elliot

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
R34

Oh sh*t, I know I didn't like the little FAT man, but I would not wish to see such a lovely car destroyed, hope everybody is OK

Anybody wanna buy a R34 GT-T ??? :p

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Reg Number W** ***

Henry.

Deleted 90% of reg as I have been told this R34 is a customers car not Middlehursts stock!

"H"

·
Registered
811 Posts
--- Update ---

The car involved in the crash had nothing to do with Top gear car. The Middlehurst car is not the one!

The car concerned in the crash was one purchased by a guy who crashed less than 2 weeks since taking ownership of the said car... perhaps he got a bit too confident after all the comments about the car driving itself and alll...

Trev
(Well looks like us uk owners will most probably get a premium hike next year then when insurance co's pass on the cost...)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trevor

I wouldn`t worry too much about your insurance rates going up because I believe that the value of the R34 and for that matter all skylines will rise due to massive demand from the public due to to the Fast & the Furious 2 movie.

Jap Village sold both my and my brothers Supras in one week because of the first film.I must add that these cars were proberly two of the best Supras around at the time.

I`ve deleted the registration of the R34 involved in the crash in an earlier post.

Henry.

·
Registered
241 Posts
this is a sad loss of such a nice car.

An R34 should never be destroyed in a crash.

They should never be marked, let alone crashed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts