Was really good
I think each section was really well done and was engaged for the whole show
Best top gear I have watched for a very long time
Hope it continues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
Really good show (3. episode), Harris and Matt where awesome.
Evans was as always way to loud, if he get's less noisy than he would be good too.

And Sabine, well, as a german: she was horrible. Not natural in any way.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Was a really good show this one. Just remove the shouty ginger and it'll be a good sunday watch IMO.

Tiff Needell is jobless again since 5th gear imploded, why not him?

IMO Sabine needs to stick to driving.

Chris Evans is terrible at anything he's meant to do, he can't even do the interviews ffs! Clarkson was exceptional at them.

Rory, I'm not a fan of his either but he at least comes over much more natural.

Le Blanc, always liked him and he seems to improve with each episode.

·
Premium Member
3,299 Posts
Viewing figures were well down again, Mail were quoting initial show was 4.3M and this weeks was down to 2.4M. The guest slot was a bit disappointing and far too long but the features on the cars were a big improvement over the previous episodes and I particularly liked the Ken Block and Matt drive round London, well directed with some excellent camera work and a great little extra with the Chinook.

·
Registered
567 Posts
R8 review was poor, start in a car is just a pointless time filler, the Ferrari TDF and Ken Block were good but the Focus review wasn't the best.

Record it then you can cut out all the crap bits!.

Evans voice-overs are terrible, he sounds like he's trying to impersonate Clarkson...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Was a really good show this one. Just remove the shouty ginger and it'll be a good sunday watch IMO.

Tiff Needell is jobless again since 5th gear imploded, why not him?

IMO Sabine needs to stick to driving.

Chris Evans is terrible at anything he's meant to do, he can't even do the interviews ffs! Clarkson was exceptional at them.

Rory, I'm not a fan of his either but he at least comes over much more natural.

Le Blanc, always liked him and he seems to improve with each episode.
This :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Best one so far. Really enjoyed it last night. Team finally gelling a bit with some good banter and great cars. Evans has defo calmed down a lot and is less over exuberant!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Its def improving with each show and Evans has toned it down but as Liam said he is fairly pointless the others give a good showing without seeming to try too hard.

·
Super Moderator
15,647 Posts
Their viewing figures will continue to drop IMHO - it's a better 'car' show so car people will like it. But it's not as much an entertainment show as it was. I thought last nights was good, my husband started reading the paper....non-car people are getting turned off I guess!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I thought last night's was the best so far.

Chris Evans would not be missed though. Nor would Eddie Jordan (but I've always like & admired the guy for what he did in F1) for that matter.
Matt is coming on well as lead presenter and I think Sabine could be good when her nerves calm down.
Chris Harris comes across really well too.
So for me, the future would be Matt, Chris Harris & Sabine. Job done.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
just goes to show how slow a so called super car is on track when you compare the Aston against the Aston GT1 race car the old series ran round the track , good feature though

·
Premium Member
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #100 (Edited)
Was it just because I was watching it on the Internet or was that Aston super car lap around the TG circuit so OBVIOUSLY sped up?
I'd chuck "Rory" in the bin.

Trying to big up electric crap and the Tesla - do one mate.
I thought last night's was the best so far.

Chris Evans would not be missed though. Nor would Eddie Jordan (but I've always like & admired the guy for what he did in F1) for that matter.
Matt is coming on well as lead presenter and I think Sabine could be good when her nerves calm down.
Chris Harris comes across really well too.
So for me, the future would be Matt, Chris Harris & Sabine. Job done.
Thing is tho Matt's clearly the better presenter, Isn't it weird having a yank, as the main presenter of UK top Gear? :chuckle:

81 - 100 of 206 Posts