GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a link to an article that really isn't worth reading and doesn't exactly tell any of us what we don't already know. I got sent it by a mate so I thought I'd post it up regardless. It's the usual waffle that lacks any substance, typical of Top Gear.

Driven: the Nissan GT-R Track Pack - BBC Top Gear

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
You're right razz, rubbish article but cones to the same conclusion that most of us have....that it ain't worth te extra dosh.

I see the comments section is full of the usual ******s who've never driven the car shouting the usual 'drives itself' and 'no soul' bollocks :blahblah:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I see the comments section is full of the usual ******s who've never driven the car shouting the usual 'drives itself' and 'no soul' bollocks :blahblah:
I get quite a lot of comments like this as well... Yes, I admit the trick electronics makes driving the GTR hard easier but in no ways does the car have no soul! So fun and dynamic even within legal speed limits ;)

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Going a bit off topic but frankly cars don't have souls... actually neither do humans but don't want to go there :). Describing a car as not having a soul simply means that the person making that statement hasn't really "connected" with it - and more often than not this is because of pre-conceived ideas about what it should be like. Humans also find it very difficult to change their minds once they have stated an opinion on something.

FWIW, I've just driven well over 2000 miles around Europe with some members of this forum. Whether it was road, dry track, or wet handling track, the car produced smiles from ear to ear. Every time we drove through towns or visited attractions, the amount of people taking pictures and stopping to look was simply amazing. When stuck in traffic and having to change lanes because we didn't know where we were going, not a single person that I noticed tried to block us or stop us from "pushing in".... quite the opposite. Finally, I don't think that I would want to have been doing this with any other group of people. If souls really do exist then for me, the GT-R has one, and it's all of the above ( didn't even mention the racing pedigree of the Skyline's et al. )

People can say what they like about the car - I know what its like for me, and I can't think of anything else that I'd rather be driving.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Usual band of ****tards who cant make up their own opinions, but just spout shite they've read elsewhere.

None of them can answer how on God's green earth Porsche turned the 911 from a rear engined yuppy killer into a technological driving tour de force, against several laws of physics.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
razz? :chuckle::chuckle:
Sorry Tazz. Either my iPhone or fat thumbs or a combination of the above butchered your name (and the rest of my post for that matter!).

They've just tried it again but this time I've checked it over and I think I got away with it...

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks SamboGrove, it just made me laugh, that's all.

·
Registered
600 Posts
That article made me register , I was going to put up a comment about
No soul, car drives its self blah blah blah but thought why am I bothering, they have no idea and never will , plus they are normally so small minded that you could never get in to a meaning full debate about it any way

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wait, so are you guys against Top Gear?
Pretty much, yes. It's so detached from what it should be about. It's okay as light entertainment but if you want to find out more about cars you might as well play Top Trumps.

Why do we have to wait though?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts