GTR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Gear show - very disappointed...

6K views 64 replies 39 participants last post by  Trevor 
OOOOh, the first post of many i suspect ! How many emails have topgear recieved from you boys n girls already then ?

To be fair, it was good that they did a piece on them...i enjoyed seeing skylines on there anyway. I can't possibly comment about the things the guy said because - well, i simply don't have the knowledge. I know a bit here and there, but i don't know what goes wrong with what models, etc. etc. I've never heard of any horror stories, just the odd niggle - which you get from any car.

Someone definately needs to turn up there with a big power car and say "it's been running like this for xx thousand miles - with no hiccups at all".

Daz - waiting fot the forum to "unleash" !

Must admit, i did have a chuckle at the exploding brake discs bit...have never read anything of that since i've been here !!

Didn't know anything about the gearbox problem mentioned - i realise that the big horsepower cars here are pushing the boxes hard, but i've not heard of many gearbox woes.

Some parts were a shame....but it was nice to see 'em on there.

In general, it was a weaker show this week. The Burns chat was a bit short - which was a shame...The Aston sounds lovely (saw a DB7 Vantage yesterday), the Ferrari was rather nice too.

Daz

Re: Must remember to never buy a Skyline thats been 'chipped'

TOKYO said:

ps. nice to see the footage of the Aus Touring Cars though
OH YES !!!! I nearly fell off my chair when i saw those ! I have never seen any footage of the R32's in action (nor many photo's). What absolute beasts they looked !! Imagine seeing one with that bodywork on the road...i think i'd crash watching it !

Daz

I seem to remember hearing / reading that Clarkson drove the Yellow Jun car ? Maybe that's the one he's referring to ?

Can't remember where i heard / read this....but it rings a bell.

Daz

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.