GTR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Gear show - very disappointed...

6K views 64 replies 39 participants last post by  Trevor 
Top Gear show - very disapointed...

It saddened me to see such a well respected show presenting such ill informed facts.

Discs are known to explode.
This is the first time I've ever heard of such an occurance. Is this something that has ever happened? Please re-educate me if I'm misinformed.

zzz......

Grey Imports are often found to have service books stolen and mileages tampered with.
Then more the fool you for buying an import without a service book. I'm on my 3rd Japanese import and have had this problem. As for mileage fraud, the Japanese auctions come through strict procedures to make sure everything is as stated and comes through a stringent grading system.

And why on earth does Dubai get mentioned on every topic of importing cars? It's about time the Top Gear team made a concerted effort to make sure the facts regarding imports are clear and concise. Quentin Wilson did bugger all to help the import market, Top Gear are doing themselves an injustice by continuing his legacy.

It's pretty coincidental that all the cars come from Middlehurst, don't you think?

Other than that, the programme showed the Skyline to be a good buy, with positive remarks as to the resale values and claiming it to be the only true sportscar to come from Japan (selling other brands a little short, perhaps).

Why don't these people approach the owners of these cars, for REAL facts and stories?

Cem....

Glen,

First he goes on to say it isn't like the Ferrari or the Aston, it has no pedigree
!!!!
Then he goes on to show the bleeding car winning all the trophies across the world.
And yes, I also saw that wheel, nice job. :rolleyes:

And if I hear ONE MORE reference to the car being an idiot proof car, then I'm gonna take em to a Skyline graveyard and show them how easy it is to lose a Skyline in the wrong hands! I've spun the car in the wet on the track once, why the hell couldn't the computer save me then FFS!

Cem

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.