GTR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Gear show - very disappointed...

6K views 64 replies 39 participants last post by  Trevor 
It was R32 GTR brakes...news to me. Any owners had their discs explode? I have R34GTR brakes so I must be ok.
Don't forget, better not to modify from 280 bhp :)rolleyes: ) as the turbos are going to wear out, lol:D
(GTR R32's are) "long in the tooth".....you w*nker, come out for a spin with me:D
Amazing how much information you can gain from the forum, that makes you laugh at a report like this.
Dave
(was not impressed)

Gearbox Woes

My 4th to 5th synchro has never been right since I got the car. 3rd to 4th as well sometimes (on the drag strip).
Middlehurst rebuilt the gearbox in late 1999. I rang Andy to see why it had gone wrong so quick, spoke to the man himself and he said I was lucky it had lasted that long!
Nissan gearbox's are a weak point.
Glen, aussie touring cars....must post a thread.
Dave

Ok, guys and gals. Calm down, we are wasting loads of energy on this.
Constructively, why don't we take the points that they mentioned and answer them to the best of our knowledge for future skyline recruits that have listened and believed what they said on this program.

To start the ball rolling.......

GTR R32 being "long in the tooth". I have only driven this model so I cannot compare, but Mark @ Abbey has driven a lot of skylines and now owns an R32 GTR VSPEC. Ths must say something about the car:)

Turbos...... My Engine, gearbox and turbos needed rebuilding/replacing at 40,000 miles. I think that the car had a hard time in Japan though:( Comments from some of the high miler R33 GTR's on this subject would be good as my car is a bad example to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.