GTR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 65 Posts
Gearbox Woes

My 4th to 5th synchro has never been right since I got the car. 3rd to 4th as well sometimes (on the drag strip).
Middlehurst rebuilt the gearbox in late 1999. I rang Andy to see why it had gone wrong so quick, spoke to the man himself and he said I was lucky it had lasted that long!
Nissan gearbox's are a weak point.
Glen, aussie touring cars....must post a thread.
Dave

a buying guide to the Nissan Skyline...
Well it was going to be full of problems for the types of people that write thses programs... Motoring shows are never going to encourage grey imoprts, they would upset too many of the uk car suppliers...
Dubai! Exploding disks, R32 long in the bloody tooth!!! 272bhp... the list goes on... the only positive thing was that the R34 is bullit proof... but then all cars share a lot of engine, and all will out live a toyota...

I love seeing skylines on telly... but why always such a short negative - elctronics make anyone drive well, car for the playstation age, blah, blah, bolax???

aston was nice though... friends dad was picked up by AM in a helicopter and flown to test drive a vantage volante a little while back...

He he

I didn't actualy see the first half of the programme but when I just saw what Cem said I was thinking the same myself. It is something that realy winds me up when people say a Skyline drives itself. I can drive my sunny far harder coz of the short wheel base and perm 4wd.

Luke

Hi,

The 2 cars which were in the Top Gear studio (The Bayside Blue R34, and the Black R33), I saw at Middlehurst yesterday parked at the front. They must have got their information from Middlehurst.

Does anybody here happen to own any of the 3 cars (White R32, Silver R33, or Bayside Blue R34)?

Regards,
-Elliot

Bottom Gear

This programme went down in my estimation today... If they are going to cover the Skyline then the should most definitley get thier fact correct, It wasn;t all wrong but 90% if it was.. very disapointed in the feature for the Skyline...:(

That Aston was just what the doctor ordered..:)

Not very often I post about serious stuff !!

To blame Middlehurst for the shite content of the 'Top Gear' show is complete bollocks.

The Skylines supplied were as far as I know belong to several long standing customers, as for factual content I doubt very much that Andy had little to do with it. Having worked for Andy for the best part of 7 years I think I know how he feels about the phase 'drives itself' etc etc.

The main factual content was popular hearsay that we have all heard for years !! 'If you chip them you will wear the turbos out!' 'I've driven one with 1200bhp' Christ sake, Abbey and Gary may have pushed the limit a little further but don't forget Middlehurst do still know there onions.

Gaz.

Edited cos of very bad spelling

I seem to remember hearing / reading that Clarkson drove the Yellow Jun car ? Maybe that's the one he's referring to ?

Can't remember where i heard / read this....but it rings a bell.

Daz

It`s RUBBISH!!!!!

I switched off,made a cup of tea and got out my Trust parts catalogue to find something else to spend my money on.

What makes it worse is the fact that BBC Top Gear at Dunsfold is only 3miles from my house and they go to Middlehurst for the 3 Skylines they featured. Why?

""Most Skylines have had "chip" changes,so avoid those ones.""

""R32 has exploding front discs""

""Most owners have them as play things & just use them for track days""

""Japans only super car""

The list goes on & on.

Maybe someone should point out to "Berkson" that you could buy a two,not three,bedroom house on the Isle of Wight and have a GTR that would scare the pants of him.

Oh,last but not least ""I`ve driven a 1000BHP one"" Yes I`m sure you have...................

Henry.

ps.At least I`ve got the best value model;) ,because fat git said so!:eek:

Hi Gazmo

Well lets just hope Middlehurst didn't allow that crap to be seen and heard :) .

No way I'd have let 'em take any film of my car with a crappy looking rim.

Plus they talk of grey imports as hot coals, which is unfair as they more than outweigh the UK supplied cars, but quote UK selling figures whilst undermining the Grey cars ?

Still, good to see Skylines on the box all the same :) .

See Ya.

glen

Hiya Glen

I just refuse to believe that Middlehurst would supply such inaccurate information.

As I say, having worked with Andy, he is quite switched on when it comes to driving the things and has very good knowlegde of how a car goes together.

The whole feature was just so "*@**** *****@ it was as to be untrue.

There is only one answer to it.

Ronnie and Gary..............Start your engines.

Would have said Glen too except you sold it you daft git.

Glen.

Yep I can't

honestly believe Andy would have allowed that but if he offered/supplied the cars I just like to think he would have ensured the output was accurate.

No I'm not silly and I'll tell you why when I see ya ;) .

Keep the faith old boy :) .

glen

Hi Gaz,

The Skylines supplied were as far as I know belong to several long standing customers,
Thanks Gaz. :)

Jeremy said:

I'm a great fan of the Skyline's, like we all are...
If he's such a great fan, then why does he know so little about them? Surely if he was such a great fan, he should have knew that UK Spec R34 GTR V-Spec's sell for around £40,000.
:confused: Top Gear should get their information about any car right before distributing it on TV.

Regards,
-Elliot

Glen

why you keeping them cards so close to your chest?

Elliot,

No probs, you'd be surprised what useless Skyline information wanders around in my head.

Gaz.

Well I live on the Isle of Wight and I own the only GTR here... if I had known that muppet was up on the Military Road playing silly buggers with Damon Hill I would have gone up there and shown him what the GTR can do.. ;)

As everyone has said, it was good to see Skylines on the TV but it was badly misinformed....

Coming home one night, on wet Isle of Wight roads I decided to test out uncle Attessa, heheh ;) 'this car drives itself'.. oh aye the f*ck it does !

I've encoded the skyline feature, so if you want a copy just PM me. It is in WMV format and is just under 10mb.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.