GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there no chance AT ALL that the Top Secret R34 GTR could EVER be registered to be driven on the road?

I know the car hasn't got any documents,but surely there is someway of getting some made up?

The one i'm referring to is the track one,the one that Shin brought over here for a while a few years back.

Well,could you register any of the R34 TP cars?

Also,anyone know how much TP would sell one of for,think Ben said £50k for the one i'm talking about,but can't remember

·
6,821 Posts
For money you get usually every thing you want, at least in the world of cars.:smokin:

Wouldn't mind to buy the Fusion V8 GTR , . .

·
6,821 Posts
In japan there are some possibilities of registering such a car for road use, I remember driving a Altezza (Is200) V12, stripped out, in japan, registred for the streets. Tuned by a private garage . . that actually not had millions to spend on registrations . . . if TS not wanted to reg. the car for jap. streets . .there lies the problem.(no papers from them:(

·
Registered
181 Posts
isn't that the r34 that was given to top secret straight from the nissan factory therefore it never had documents?? i no its been discussed before somewere:confused:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Both gold R34s that Top Secret´s got are N1 cars and I don´t mean the road versions. I´m referring to the N1 racing cars, that don´t have a VIN-number. So the answer is no, there´s NO chance of registering them for road use unless you´ve got some special rules in the UK? :)

/P

·
6,821 Posts
That's not much for the N/A R32 . .as it is has a brand new modification . . . we should ask the GTROC chairman if the club can't buy one of theses as a GTROC demo car . .:chuckle: :chuckle:

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Why the hell would you want to register a race car on the road?? Seems to be a trend in the UK even when I was trying to sell a couple of ex-demo cars!!??:confused:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Perra is right.
The two R34 cars can't be registered for the road in Japan - which means you can't get de-reg paperwork - which means you can't register them on the road anywhere else.

Oh Chris - there is a queue for the V35 GTR....:chuckle:

·
6,821 Posts
Dino,
It might have to do that jap. tuned competition cars, can actually be driven to the place of the race.
1) because the engine and techs holds
2) because they are quite userfriendly . . .(for professionals)

I remember getting the Audi rally to the tracks 15 years ago with my uncle . . . praying that the engine would start, then hold the race and after keeps going until we get it on the truck again(never thinking running it on the road) . . . the Lemon for exemple doesn't need a truck!:D

If you can reg. a car for street use , the logistic is much more cheap for the races then . . .driving it like a fool on daily streets, is in fact not recomanded.:(

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i was just wondering if you could do it

thanks for clearing it up though Perra,Bean

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
People that can afford to blow this kind of money on a toy can spend 500 quid on a car transporter and usually have another car to pull it with. No? Just sounds silly to me to drive a full-on, ex-Super Taikyu race car on the road! It's not legal for a reason!

Plus if you register a car on the street you will be loosing power to meet emissions and other test. Totally defeats the point! Or am I wrong here?:confused:

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
People that can afford to blow this kind of money on a toy can spend 500 quid on a car transporter and usually have another car to pull it with. No? Just sounds silly to me to drive a full-on, ex-Super Taikyu race car on the road! It's not legal for a reason!

Plus if you register a car on the street you will be loosing power to meet emissions and other test. Totally defeats the point! Or am I wrong here?:confused:
I totally agree with you. Like you say, someone who can afford to spend money on the TS car, can afford to have a hi-spec R34 street car, which is tuned for street use, with enough flexibility.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Although if you plan a trip to the ring from the uk, all your friends are driving and your stuck doing 50-60....cant be that fun. And for that reason only I enjoy watching people drive their race cars on the road. (Trailer is better...but alot of effort) and we have been driving race cars on the road for years...so why change? Westfield, Radical etc etc

·
6,821 Posts
Indeed very far trips to locations in other countries are costing much money for logistic, but it depends what car you have, endurance engines are much robust then track day, high output engines . . . and anyway allways depends from who and how it was tuned . . . . but don't get me wrong, I agree with Dino that going after a reg. for such non-legal cars is a waist of time.

Thoses cars should be used on the tracks, not on the streets . . . getting a plate to drive them to a track is OK . .but not to the mall on friday!

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Yeah well I guess a Nurburgring trip would be long. But I'd still rather stick the car on a transporter than cover such a long distance with a track car. Add pointless miles to a "race engine," risk braking down (been on a Nur trip with GTROC and one car broke down...not nice for everyone involved!). Same with tyres. If you have a transporter you can carry more tyres, more tools and more of everything you need. Make the whole track trip better as you are more prepared instead of going at it gung-ho style. Plus if the worst happens and you stack it at least you can bring it home safely and cheaply. The "for" arguments I have listed would be enough to convince me but maybe not the more "adventurous" types on here;)

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Question

How many people here drive their skylines to race circuits like as far as the nurburgring? And what BHP you running? Or do you use a trailler?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts