GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy/Rest of skyline gang!

i have chance to run a full top speed day october 17th at elvington,
using the main 2 mile tarmac runway, and with a flying start.
can also run standing timed 1/4s as well.

would be open to anyone, so all welcome. cost would have to be same as top ten day at £70, but you would all get a chance rather than just 10 cars. i'm sure those who took part will vouch for the runways being good! we can use the full main runway this time (was the return one top ten day)

if Guy or someone else wants to maybe sort a list of people who would be interested and let me know within a couple of weeks?

i will also do same on supra, gtir, and 200 plus forums to gauge if sufficient interest
rgds
chris m

·
Registered
27 Posts
top speed day

chris i hope it is more flat than the one used for the top ten day

do you know the price of a GTR front splitter.

it was sad to see most of the skylines with smashed up fronts
held together with tie wraps

the GTRs should get to run for free because of the damage to there cars 2 weeks ago.

KEV

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
elvington is 7 miles S.E of york. map details on www.trackdayplus.com

as for the runways, they are flat, at normal speeds!!.
the one we used was the 2nd runway. the main one is slightly better, but is only used rarely.
ronnies R33 hit a bump at 190mph, on the far left of the runway. i dont think they all hit it or smashed splitters, and we now know its there ! other than that they are pretty good compared to say bruntingthorpe.
on the main runway there wont be a prob. as for making it free, if only! lol
rgds
chris m

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Another day

If my gear box is ready I will attend this meet, come to think of it if it isent I will attend this meet seems another crack at the title
but chris rules must be writen that stand, what is stated must be what is , there must be no changes as time goes on.
And would the trophies be at stake, cos sleeping dogs dont seem to lye, chalenges seem to be all to ready, 3 years ago this was not the case
Gary
GT-ART
HOLDER OF THE HIGHEST BHP RECORDED ON A DYNO AS PER THE JAPANESE TUNING MAGAZINE WRITE UP AND NOW MUCH WISER.
thursday 17 seems fine,if this is a second chance then i am not up for it but if it is a new challenge then I am

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gary
its prob only an open event, last of the year. not specific for any groups, or trophies as such, unless we had enough interest, but all runs will be timed and verified etc. if someone wants to sponsor a fastest skyline prize/trophy fine!

puzzled as to "rules not to be changed bit"? only thing we knowingly altered for top ten was 1/2 mile back to 500m for sprint distance. (didnt want to run 1./4s there)

what rules do you mean? i cant stop trailers bringing cars nearby and offloading, but all cars must be road legal. we will be more stringent on scrutineering for next years top ten event. if you wanted that at this one fine, road legal tyres and treads only isnt a problem.

i will check the details reqd and post back to you, for now if Guy or someone else maybe wants to run a list of names up for it?
cheers
chris

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
event

Sorry Chris,
when I read your thread, at the beginning it dident state it was an open event so thought it was skyline only,
got no probs with trailers tyres or anything dident mean any of that,
but you must agree from your first postings to the actual day a lot of things got changed but I am not being critical of that it was a hell of a event to organise and a damm good one, only sorry I could not partisipate, all I meant was if its posted first then that should be as it is.
I would love to come if my car is ready
Gary
GT-ART

·
Registered
666 Posts
Front splitters and runways

Chris for information, I was the second run of the day, immediately behind Ronnie. My 500 was 13.34, I hit my front splitter at about 160mph I kind of lost interest after this point.
As a result I only did 3 runs all day including running against Glen in a semi just to try to fill the numbers up.

My view is that when cars as expensive as these are to be run at a venue there should be no excuses, the venue should be checked out beforehand by the organisers to check for bumps.

If there is a bump and you must drive on the right to miss it I do not have a problem with that if the organisers have checked the situation out and advised accordingly.

As it happens me and Ronnie were running blind straight up the middle and damaged both our cars.
Definitely unfunny when the car has cost as much as mine and others.

Check the other runway out and let people know in advance of them agreeing to pay £570 for a run. (£70 for a run and £500 for a splitter).

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i understand what you are saying there. however, other cars and bikes have done over 200mph there before. (ie paul w porsche did 243.6mph,and various turbo bikes to 227mph). there hasnt been a problem before on either runway, i assume the Skyline front splitters are so low at those speeds etc that any imperfections show . Thats the reason we have suggested the main runway (tarmac) is having seen the skylines close in on 200mph. the main runway is still used for jets and planes to land/take off etc.
no other cars reported problems on the other runway, i do feel sorry for those of you who with skylines had this type of damage occur, but it wasn't forseen as it hasnt happened before there.
now we know that we will run the main tarmac runway for 2 mile runs and shift the timing beam over to the centre when using the 2nd runway on other events.

any queries just email me etc
rgds
chris

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Chris... Are you sure you have the date correct? The one from the Supras forum states Sunday 27th and on here you state the 17th Which is a Thursday... ;)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
date is 27th!

october 27th is the correct date. my original mail direct to reps of groups stated the 17th, which was then changed to 27th, which is the last sunday in october.

looks like a fair few rs boys and supras up for it again, if its looking like enough cars by next week then i can confirm it all for you
rgds
chris

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'll have to check on spectators, and get back to you

as for the 200sx boys, all are welcome, as i said its an open event, pay on day, its not another Top ten shootout, juts a chance to run some Top speed and 1/4s, on the main runways
rgds
chris m

·
Registered
15 Posts
If your using the main runway (east to west), the end is VERY rough.
You may also like to use the right hand side only as its in slightly better nick.

Also if you care to look at this:

You'll notice that the full length of the main runway is not maintained anymore. The bit after what looks like solid white paint across the full width is riddled with pot holes:

The same can be said for that end of the taxi track that was used the other Sunday.

You'd be far better running West to East if you can wangle it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Anyone here going?

i'm sure i saw on another thread that N15MOW is going to this a week on sunday. Are there many others?
Cheers

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just spectating I think.
Will take the bike as well if it's dry but the Nur will only be a few days old (if I've got it by then:mad: )
Don't want to take the BB as it's for sale.
It's worth going just to watch those mad bikes.
You may as well scrub off another set of tyres!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts