GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone bought one of these for there cars?
after my recent windscreen cracking thought I would invest in one to try eliminate some of the flex.
there a tight fit though and if you wanna top the oil up you've got to remove the brace as it covers the oil filler cap how ****in silly is that :rolleyes:

if im honest I cant see it being much use

·
Registered
85 Posts
anyone bought one of these for there cars?
after my recent windscreen cracking thought I would invest in one to try eliminate some of the flex.
there a tight fit though and if you wanna top the oil up you've got to remove the brace as it covers the oil filler cap how ****in silly is that :rolleyes:

if im honest I cant see it being much use

I got asked to fit one and for that reason said no

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah crazy design and not well thought out
How can they get such a simple thing so wrong : /

·
Registered
197 Posts
Mine has a carbon strut brace on it already, I'm assuming this is a later model thing?

Haven't seen any threads on windscreens cracking but my 2014 car has already had a new screen due to a 2ft crack in it!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
was there a chip that started your cracked screen?

did it crack from the middle top by mirror? ove heard 3 cases now where this has happened so seems im not the only one

will see what my new screens like after trip to spa this week

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes it started above the mirror and think there may have been a tiny chip but the car only had 800 miles on it so not exactly a abused/used screen.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I also refused a replica windscreen and insisted on an origional Nissan one as the replica don't have the location lugs on the screen.

A friend of mine who works for AA windscreen suggested that I do this as there is a know location issue on the replica/Non OEM screens.

When I got to Autoglass the fitter also said the same thing, don't fit the non OEM stuff on a GTR.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts