GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HI all,

Approximately how much oil does it take to have the level move from the low level hole to the high level hole on the dipstick? (Even though I need less than this) I just want to ensure that I don't overfill ...

Cheers,

Daz

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
Just put a small amount in, run it and check again. Stop panicking otherwise everybody will think you are related to DeanKenny. It's a simple car engine not a Eurofighter!

·
Registered
1 Posts
How do i add top off oil to my car? its a 96 nissan sentra?

i dont want to change it it is low and i want to add some more oil to it?

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts

A mate of mine who is a police officer came across a very distressed young lady standing next to a Focus with smoke coming out of the engine bay and oil all over the road. She explained to him the oil light came on so she bought 5 litres of oil and poured it in until she could see it in the filler cap! She then replaced the filler cap and started it up.:chuckle:

·
Premium Member
13,351 Posts

4) Replace sump plug.
5) Roll car back onto it's wheels.
6) Check dipstick for correct level.
7) Repeat steps 1-5 if level needs to be increased.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
371 Posts
1) Roll the car onto its roof.
2) Remove sump plug.
3) Pour in 2 gallons of best 20/50 (the engine doesn't need that much but a bit will leak out the dipstick and vent holes).
4) Replace sump plug.
5) Roll car back onto it's wheels.
6) Check dipstick for correct level.
7) Repeat steps 1-5 if level needs to be increased.

Hope that helps.
That's dangerous Tazz, someone (not naming anyone with messiah like qualities) may attempt this.

Obviously they'll need the correct car rolling tool though, have you got a link to it?

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Hi Daz,

The manual says 10mm below the H on the dipstick for performance driving, aka US! Ha ha

Here's the info it says, pasted from the manual, I can't be assed putting the , in on my iPad lol

Whenthevehicleisdelivered,the engineoilissetto0.39in(10mm) belowtheHmarkforoptimalhigh performancedriving.Theengineoilcan befilleduptotheHmarkifperformancedrivingisnotengage

I topped mine up tonight with Mobil 1 0-40 new life, as the warning low came on, I love how the gtr monitors it's own oil status

chron

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Careful when adding oil. Too much isnt a good thing. Could leave you with a hefy bill.

It can come up with a false message every now and again. My old GTR did it every so often. Mine didnt use a drop between services, and if youve just bought yours, it should have been service recently Im guessing

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Careful when adding oil. Too much isnt a good thing. Could leave you with a hefy bill.

It can come up with a false message every now and again. My old GTR did it every so often. Mine didnt use a drop between services, and if youve just bought yours, it should have been service recently Im guessing
Agree totally. Make sure level ground etc etc (sure am just telling you stuff Yu already know). Mine never uses a drop between services - only time was after Asda day it needed half a litre and that was two weeks before service.

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Agree totally. Make sure level ground etc etc (sure am just telling you stuff Yu already know). Mine never uses a drop between services - only time was after Asda day it needed half a litre and that was two weeks before service.
So dont they use any even when driven hard? or on track days?

Asda day?

thanks

C

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mine does about a litre every 3 months general use, but if you do a hard days tracking especially in hot weather it could use up to a litre on the day,check the level between sessions when its settled down a bit..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts