GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Has anybody heard of a company called Torq Line? They make carbon fiber prop shafts for the GTR. I was wondering if anybody has heard of them and if they are any good.

Cheers,

Calis

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Meant to be very good as far as i know, worthwhile mod IMO if you have the cash to splash!! Think there maybe a couple of people on here with them fitted? Some quite high hp cars too, not heard of any breakages either.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Keith Cowie uses one on his extremely high horsepower drag car, so i guess they are pretty durable.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies guys. Should I expect about a 5% increase in power to the wheels due to the decreased weight and vibration in the drivetrain? The reason I ask is that a friend of mine had ordered one for his R32, but was sent the wrong one, which will fit my R34. So I'm trying to decide if I want it. My car is mostly stock besides an uprated nismo intercooler, hks downpipe and exhaust, nismo intake, hks suction kit and ORC twin plate clutch.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Just copied this from another thread,

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/12797-carbon-fibre-propshafts.html?highlight=torqline

carbon fibre propshaft

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The most famous one is the one that was used for BNR32 Gr.A race cars, and it used to be available through Mine's(BCNR33/BNR34) or Nismo(400R).
The weight is 7.6kgs and it is about a half of standard propshaft (14.6kgs).
The advantage is less weight (0.52:1.00)and less inertia(0.57:1.00).
Less inertia affects both acceleration response and braking response because less weight things can start rolling and stop rolling easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts