GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, so, i have a fully built engine and gearbox...

So, what is the expected torque and power i can expect on a 'race' intercooler Vpower, OEM turbos.

Reckon i can reach 725bhp and 675 torque?

Before building the box and changing to race IC, i was at 692bhp and 653ftlb...

What we think?

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I had a non built engine and box on my Litchfields stage 5 car and I was running 807bhp and 699.5lb of torque and that engine is still running 4years later

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
different turbos though, i am wanting to know the 'ultimate' power anyone has extracted from OEM turbos.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
My LM20 made 701bhp on first pull at Litchfields on stock turbos and was wanting more but in order to keep the warranty that had to reduce it to 670, I'd personally say you would make 720 and then they'll run out of puff

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's what I was thinking also...
aiming for 725, with 675torque...
Think that'll be perfect power for track

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's what I was thinking also...
aiming for 725, with 675torque...
Think that'll be perfect power for track

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
With ethanol and a flex fuel tune you should be able to achieve impressive results.

Im supplying some fuel for Iain L shortly for him to do a flex tune to a 4.25 car. Will be interesting to see the results and the positive effect it will have on the normal oem turbo torque drop off after 5k rpm

Happy to share the results with you and indeed hook with up with excellent race fuel and ethanol if youre interested

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mart, sounds interesting...
Fancy dropping me an email explaining your plan?

what race fuel?102?

·
Vendor
2,224 Posts
I will be watching this closely to see the final result, don***8217;t think your hoping for too much and think your goal is easily achievable.

Post some dyno results of torque/bhp/boost please

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Hi guys, so, i have a fully built engine and gearbox...

So, what is the expected torque and power i can expect on a 'race' intercooler Vpower, OEM turbos.

Reckon i can reach 725bhp and 675 torque?

Before building the box and changing to race IC, i was at 692bhp and 653ftlb...

What we think?
You can reach one million horsepower and one trillion torques if you multiply the factors in such a fashion to achieve this. 650 torques in reality is probably about right (this may be more than you actually achieved before, regardless of what was stated, but you'll know by the seat of the pants feel ...)

The point is, your OEM turbos will have been max'd out before and they will be maxed out now. The race IC may make a bit of a difference but I doubt it will be night & day given the limitations of the turbos ... More likely that the cams, how the engine now responds on cam, will make more of a difference, I would have thought?

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I had a my11 which on stock turbos but it had factory nismo actuators made over 700bhp on Litchfields dyno as 4.25 and made 679lb of torque. Stock turbos can do more than 700bhp all day long but you will need to change the actuators

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
We made 730/ 674 with a 2015 DBA on SRD dyno 100-200kmh 5.5 secs

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just had my11 remapped and taken to 4.25 from Jon & Dimetri @gtrperformance and it***8217;s quick. I***8217;m trying to get it on a dyno soon but the guy who had his done prior made 718bhp with 660nm stock block turbos and box.

Great service and very friendly just for those who are looking.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Just had my11 remapped and taken to 4.25 from Jon & Dimetri @gtrperformance and it’s quick. I’m trying to get it on a dyno soon but the guy who had his done prior made 718bhp with 660nm stock block turbos and box.

Great service and very friendly just for those who are looking.
Your car felt very strong Yas, more like a 4.5 car the way it pulled.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts