GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
drove my r32 for the second time yesterday, and noticed the torque gauge not moving, at any time whats its supposed to register on say 40mph with light load?

also oil temp looks a bit lazy reaching about 70 deg whats about right at fully warm on normal driving?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
At 40 mph the torque gauge wont be moving.

Try a little second gear hard acceleration, it should move then, but at 40 mph normal driving the car is in RWD mode and doesnt need to shift torque to the front.

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,032 Posts
^
^
What he said. To be honest, when it is moving you'd be better off looking at the road. lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
My oil Trmp only reaches 80 degrees max so dont worry

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
panic over then.

will check again at weekend, getting it registerd tomorrow. so will have proper go then.

·
Registered
854 Posts
i would have said that 70deg oil temp is a bit low. from what ive read oils need a temp of at least 80deg to work properly but how long/hard did you drive it as it does take a while to fully warm up.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Easiest thing to do is get a mate in the car to look at the torque gauge and then nail it in first gear. as moleman says - if your looking at the torque gague and its moving you really should look at the road :p

Butuz

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
took a peek at mine while doing a 1/4 mile run - it was pegged at halfway between the 10 and the 50 mark...what does it take to get a full 50%??

·
Registered
832 Posts
I think the gauge measures in kg/m's, not percentage applied to the front wheels. So your car would need to put out 100kg/m's to have it hit the 50 mark...
Or am I clueless and should keep to myself :confused:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
had a look while driving hard just managed to see it come back down.

so one less thing to worry about. just the cam belt, turbos, block head clutch and a few more i guess. will let her settle in a bit before i break it!!!

sorry for the usless post but i would have never looked again thinking its broke

1 - 12 of 12 Posts