GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently visited Torque to see their stock. I was extremely disappointed. After speaking to them on the phone and making it very clear I was looking for a car in excellent condition, they assured me they had plenty of cars of this standard for me to view.

When I finally got there (6 hour round trip) I was amazed to see the poor quality of most of (if not all) the cars! I just don't see the point in spending time and money importing such poor examples, and then selling them for such high prices!

The thing that made it so bad is that they were not priced accordingly. I mean its fair enough if someone couldn't afford to buy a top example of a car, and wanted one to maybe neaten up themselves.

In short, why not be honest about the cars they have in stock, thats if they really have to import such rubbish in the first place.

Also, don't get me started on the customer service!

It was honestly more like a Jap import scrap yard!

All this is based on the exterior of the vehicles, only time will tell if the reliability of them is the same.

If you think Keighley are bad, you will think the same of Torque!

If this starts and argument, I will not be replying as this is purely a post to let you all know my experience. Just take note of this, or don't, its your choice.

BE WARNED

Just go to Car Planet!

·
Registered
717 Posts
still think they are though two places in the same area selling the same crap using similar names ..mmmmmmmm

·
Registered
7 Posts
I found them very poor, had the money in my pocket, travelled down from Newcastle and the salesmen just did'nt seem interested. cars all had cosmetic damage and some looked like they had seen the wrong side of a hedge. walked away eventually, glad i did cos i've heard all sorts of horror stories since

·
Registered
162 Posts
I know the look of the car(cosmetic) is what i hear about mostly, but what about the mechanicals? Are they ok on the cars?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
same experience... more than once. this has been covered before.
all the cars are crash damaged, insurance write offs, bodged from bits off other cars. etc. etc. they are nothing but a front for other activities ;-)
i KNOW they buy VERY cheap i.e - about 3-4k for a 33gtr and sell for 12k upwards.... reason being as stated above.

i cannot not stress or warn people enough.. DO NOT BUY FROM A JAPANESE IMPORT CAR DEALER IN KEIGHLEY!

YOU WILL REGRET IT. either when you get pulled from the police, or when you get it back to your garage..

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Could someone do me a favour? Regardless of the above reports, i have been looking at a vehicle they have for sale, any chance someone could pop over and give it the once over? Its a Range Rover with the LPG conversion (N reg), blue with cream piped leather etc,old style that is so do take into consideration its age, mileage etc, its just a winter 4x4 that i am looking for , not an everyday car and the LPG did sound attractive. Out of curiousity, can someone haggle for cash? i know what he said he would knock it down to over the phone but would be interested to hear how low they will go when someone is pointing out the bad bits on the vehicle. Would be very grateful,
cheers,
jas

·
Registered
176 Posts
regardless of the reports?

ok go to the search page and type in 'keighley' there are 44 topics not posts but topics with a mention to keighley and how bad they are !

read through these and then think about whether you still want to buy from them.

·
Registered
441 Posts
i was about to venture over from northern ireland to look at some of their stock...thank god i asked in this forum first about them..i got alot of feedback from members.."money not spent well" so to speak!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I went there with my mate a few months ago to look at a 7 seater they got forsale, what a load of shit they got there but my mate still bought the 7 seater even through it need a bit of work bodykit wise only and a blown exhaurst, but the engine was perfect and initially they want 3k for the car and in the end we got it for 2k. now my mate has sorted out the kit on the honda seven seater and put a new exhaust on and the aircon re-gassed, the car is good for 3k+ but his not selling as he loves it. but to be honest I wont buy any turbo cars from there no way in hell. N/A cars maybe purely because those muppets dunno what they are selling.

·
Registered
92 Posts
First hand experience here.

DON'T go there, bought my car from there. Was a big mistake. They gave me a full years MOT so i thought nothing about checking my car over. I didn't have my license then so a mate drove it back for me. First 10 mins of driving it myself, i ended up heading backwards down a motorway slip road (it was wet) to find they had left the rear tyres on with (at most) 0.5mm of tread. and that both front tyres were different sizes. Next time i'm around the area they are going to get a good ear bashing and maybe a bit more (depends how i feel at the time). :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot

·
Registered
311 Posts
stay away

A couple of years back when i was looking at getting my skyline i went to keighley but only had time to look around for about 5 mins(whinging girlfriend) anyway booked a test drive with them in a gts r33 with gtr kit on itleft my number in case anything changed.Get up there (2 hour drive) and get told they sold it 2 nights before t***s.
i said i wanted a skyline and the guy who works there said Quote "no you don't,i'm not taking you for a test drive in a skyline as i don't believe you'll buy one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.I'll only take you out in a pulsar(over priced at 5k) i went out for drive in it just because i'd never been in one he bust the radiator and i said "are you gonna replace that?" he said "no we'll just patch it up,do you want it then?"
I can't repeat the language i used to tell him to stick it but you get the idea.As stated above don't buy anything from these people you will be sorry.
p.s yes they're all damaged and over priced too:mad:

·
Registered
998 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts