GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, Was just wondering if anyone knows of any after market Torque Split controllers exist for the 35? i had one on my r33 a few years back and basically allowed constant 50/50 front/back power through the wheels, like an evo would be for example.

I thought the car handled worse than it did in normal mode in the corner.. Plenty of understeer, but when running straight in the wet, it behaved alot better than standard :- I find atm in the 35 if its slippy and you put your foot down even with the wheels completely straight!, it squirms and squirms and by the time the computers have put you right youve already lost!... im trying to find a solution to this, perhaps cobb have some stuff to help with this ? =)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Cobb have done internal testing of reflashing the transmission control module, but so far don't have custom mappable torque split. It is a very complex module unfortunately, but it holds a lot of the secrets to making fast GTRs work.

Snow mode does put torque to the front more aggressively.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Oh, wet, rain. I forget we don't get that stuff in SoCal.

However the way that the car gets more stable in the rain though more torque to the front, is more grip in the front. A bigger tire will give you more grip.

A different type of tire will also help in the wet.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
That is exactly what I need the way my boost is mapped, I am controlling boost before the throttles, but there is hardly any pressure drop across the throttles when they are only about 1/3 open! Over 3000 RPM it is quite hair trigger, this is nice in the dry as it makes the car more lively, but in other conditions I find it a little intimidating. I have been meaning to run lower pre-throttle boost targets at part throttle, needs a bit of coding to do though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cobb have done internal testing of reflashing the transmission control module, but so far don't have custom mappable torque split. It is a very complex module unfortunately, but it holds a lot of the secrets to making fast GTRs work.

Snow mode does put torque to the front more aggressively.
Interessssting, do you think it would be sensible to predict something is in the pipeline then? 6-12months ? I'm getting really frustrated being in the UK its raining if not snowing / icy everyday here !! cant have any fun!.... that Said you are right about snow mode, im from the northwest and its been horrendous the past couple of days weather wise but the GT-R has come through big time, i just wish i could get her driving on all 4 wheels constantly!!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Difficult to predict with this sort of work because if you can find it you can find it, sometimes quickly, sometimes never!

I suspect the factory tested snow mode in snow and left it like it is because overall it behaves quite well, but still has a rear bias that enthusiasts usually prefer. It seems to be a nice compromise between the advantages of RWD and AWD to me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see, i guess not many people do have a problem with the setup it currently is seeing as this isn't a massive issue everyone is thinking about, it must just be me!, maybe i should try some European tyres rather than the potenza's.

I do find it interesting that this kind of torque splitter box is available for the previous GT-R's however so maybe one will pop up!

Like you said, if they could just map me a straight 50/50 when in snow mode i'd be fine with that i reckon, as long as they could get rid of the throttle lag and torque limiting.. lol =D

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I do find it interesting that this kind of torque splitter box is available for the previous GT-R's however so maybe one will pop up!
Eventually a torque split controller will be available, however it takes time for the aftermarket to figure out the car.

If there is a high demand for a product, you will see it much quicker than something with a low demand. The R35 ATTESA system is all electronic rather than the hydraulic/electronic system of previous generations.

Nissan Skyline GT-R s in the USA Blog: Nissan Skyline GT-R ATTESA System Transfercase

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
maybe i should try some European tyres rather than the potenza's.
I take it you have an import, if its running on Bridgestones?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts