GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me again!!

My new GTR has a torque split controller fitted..?? I thought the standard car had a built in sensor to control the drive split between the front and rear wheels for better cornering etc?? if so how does fitting a manual device benefit? and will this prevent the ecu doing it's tricks??

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have found some answers thank you.. I am sorry if my over excitement and thurst for knowledge has overcome my patience.. I am sure you got excited when you first got your skyline?! Also I work long hours and don't have much time to trawl through searches for information.. I have tried searches but for some reason they seem to bring up a lot of unrelated things?

Lee

·
Registered
157 Posts
The gtr has a g sensor and basically when you corner torque is split to the rear wheels makingit rear wheel drive and when you straighten up torque is put to the front, the torque split controller tricks the g sensor into thinking the car is in a straight line at all times even when cornering so torque is put to the front making it 4wd round conrers. this doesnt effect the ecu as far as im aware, someone please correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
832 Posts
The TSC amplifies the signal coming from the lateral g-sensor so during cornering you get more power to the front wheels. Particularily effective in situations of low lateral g-forces (wet pavement).

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So if the torque controller is set to 10.. ie max 4 wheel drive.. if cornering hard in the wet will the extra input from the ECU then make it go more 4wd still and turn it into a pedominantly front wheel drive car?!

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
The TSC amplifies the signal coming from the lateral g-sensor so during cornering you get more power to the front wheels. Particularily effective in situations of low lateral g-forces (wet pavement).
It lowers the signal actually.

At the 10 setting none of the signal gets through making the ECU think you are going straight - any wheel slip then makes power move to the front (up to 50%).

Switching the controller off or setting it to 0 lets all of the signal through making the car act as normal from the factory.

Anywhere in between makes the ECU think you are cornering with less G's and therefore the ECU sends more torque when needed to the front. The GT-R was set up to "NOT" send power to the front wheels during hard cornering to allow the driver to control the angle in the corner with the throttle and avoid understeer usually found in permanent 4wd setups but this can be a problem in slippy conditions or with less than professional drivers (the GT-R was a race car first then a road car just to meet the race rules).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts