GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All
Hope you all had a great Christmas and a Happy new year to you all !!

As it has snowed quite a lot here in the North West I found myself drawn to an empty college car park covered in lovely vigin snow/ice one night.
The car slid around and spun with ease and very nice and progressive but no matter how hard I tried I could not get the torque monitor on the display to register more than 20.4. The rear wheels would be spinning away but it seemed to refuse to send more to the front. From my understanding I thought that it should go to 50/50 4wd and if still not enough traction all 4 wheels would spin.
On leaving the car park where there was less snow it did register 24.0 .
Again yesterday on returning home the car refused to go up the block paved drive which was covered in snow at an incline of around 20 deg. It just slid from side to side and with no more than 16 kg/m being registed on the display. It did eventually go up but required a run-up.
Is this normal is or is there something wrong with the Attesa system.
The car is a UK r34 Vspec.

Best Regards

Orange.:confused: :(

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Torque Split

I'm no expert but my R34 easily goes higher than that just accelarating in the wet/snow.It doesn't sound right !
Give GT-Art/Abbey/Middlehurst a ring/E-mail just to make sure.

I'm still looking for an empty car park!

·
Registered
166 Posts
The torque to the front probably wasn't going high as by the time the amount of torque shown was passed to the front wheels they were made to spin at the same rate as the rears hence no more torque transfer req'd, mine didn't go higher than that either when i was doing donuts in asda the other day.

In the wet my gauge will go to near 50kg to the front so it seems to be all working ok.

Mike

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you are driving with Bridgestone Potenza's I am not surprised that there is no grip.
These tyre do absolutely nothing on snow and have very bad grip when temperatures are around 0° C
I drive a FWD Volvo S60T5 with these tyres 235/40-18" and around 325 engine HP's but it is a real challenge the last few days.
At least you have 4WD!

Sigh :(

Attachments

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Torque split

Guy,
if our torque only goes upto 40kg.m why does mine go up to 50kg.m?:confused:

Also Orange's torque went up to 24kg.m which is more than 50/50 according to you or does he have more power?

Just found out that the measurement on the 'torque' meter has something to do with the oil pressure in the diffs,rather than actual power being transmitted.Hence it is more of an indication of 'percentage' of power transfer!

Orange I don't think it's looking good.Your car is still under warranty is it not?

·
Registered
56 Posts
seen at least 36 on the old meter

For what's it's worth, at the recent meet at the Grasshopper, I saw the meter creep to just over 36 whilst powering away from the car park...

And, Paul you and me together - I'm looking for an empty frozen car park too - very difficult to find an icy one around here!

Rich. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
shopping

hi Glen it shows who does the shopping in your house

you old house wife

he,he,he

keith

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Car Parks

Do you know something I don't Glen about mini drag strips in our area?

Please tell me more..................Or else I'll meet you at Gallow's corner at dawn with 'Torque meters' drawn.:D

Cheers

PS> I have a NISMO BODY KIT:D

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Shopping

Keith I assure you I have to be dragged kicking and screaming to these places of fear.

Paul. You ain't getting me out in this weather. It's bad enough riding me ZX9 to work everyday. You don't know where I can see a 34 with a Nismo Bodykit who lives local do you :D .

glen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts