GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a good scout through yell.com and still can't find a place that will hire a torque wrench for that blasted crank bolt. Why on earth did Nissan tighten it up so much I'll never know (360lb-ft!!!) Thats more than most car engines can produce.

Anyway if someone knows where I can get one from in birmingham / west mdlands for a day I'll much appreciate it.

or

If somone knows an angle I can turn the bolt through from a set torque then that will do it.

Largest torque wrench I can get from a local place is 300 lb-ft.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
U will probably need a 3/4 drive torque wrench for that torque.

I dont retorque to 360ftlb.

Rob

You will also need something substancial to undo the crank bolt first time, breaker bar with scaffold bar if you dont have a suitable tool.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I got it off without too much trouble using the following technique a lot of others on here seem to have..

2 blokes.. 6 ft bar.. 5th gear.. jam rear wheels with bricks.. wife on the brake pedal ;).

Also tip for anyone else. if you can't get it off then get somone to tap the bar with a 16oz hammer whilst applying pressure. I didn't need to in the end but I was expecting to.

So you didn't torque it up as much. Are you not worried that its going to fail?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.